I guess I decided to do this because my sister made the comment that this is an easier way to keep everyone updated about our family than the way I've been doing it. Robbie has a blog as well so this is more from me but it's all about us.
Gwenyth (Gwen) is now 2 1/2 years old. She is a very bright little girl who is also very independent and smart. She loves to sing, dance, and read stories to anyone who will listen. We were surprised to find recently that she knows most of her ABCs, numbers, colors and shapes. We are trying to potty train her right now and while she gets excited about it, it's not going very well at all. She can also talk in full sentences and some of her favorite things to say right now are "Few, that was a close one," "Oh my goodness, " and "Batman lives in my pocket." She keeps us laughing all the time.

What's going on with us? Robbie is out of school right now. He has a break to do his internship and will start school again in January. He only has 2 semesters left (yes!!) to finish his degree in Construction Management. Other than working at Design Intelligence (which he is also lucky to work at during the school year too) he has been spending his summer paintballing, fishing, geocaching and hiking. He also spends lots of time with us and the girls. He is a very loving and devoted daddy. 
I am the lucky one that gets to chase the "G Squad" around all day. They really do bring so much joy into my life though. Other than that I keep busy with the girls scrapbooks, housework and little projects for the girls (right now, it's making cloth diapers for the girls baby dolls because Gwen keeps telling me the babies are stinky and need new diapers). I also keep busy in my calling as Primary President. It's challenging but I love the kids and the sweet spirits that they have.
I am the lucky one that gets to chase the "G Squad" around all day. They really do bring so much joy into my life though. Other than that I keep busy with the girls scrapbooks, housework and little projects for the girls (right now, it's making cloth diapers for the girls baby dolls because Gwen keeps telling me the babies are stinky and need new diapers). I also keep busy in my calling as Primary President. It's challenging but I love the kids and the sweet spirits that they have.
Grace just turned a year old on the 26th of July. It's hard to believe she's grown up so fast. She too is a very bright little girl who is trying so hard to catch up to where Gwen is. She is just about as big as Gwen is (there is a 3/4 pound weight difference and 3 inch height difference between the two) she has a very different personality. She loves to cuddle with us and give hugs and kisses. She loves to read and dance and loves her new baby doll. She is also saying quite a few words now...she has been saying mama, dada, down and all done for a while and her new words include baby, ball, I get it and a few others. She has also just learned the art of temper tantrums. She too keeps us laughing with all the silly things she learns how to do.
And the last of the news, for those who don't know (though I think everyone does) is that we are expecting again. Yes, another member for the "G Squad" is on the way. I am about 3 1/2 months along with this one and am due January 22. We are very very excited for the baby and we can't wait to find out what it is sometime next month. For right now though everything looks very very good with both the baby and me.
We will keep you all updated as things change with our whole family and hope that this gives some of you a bit more info about what's going on than what you normally hear. Keep a look out for updates cause they'll happen often!!
We will keep you all updated as things change with our whole family and hope that this gives some of you a bit more info about what's going on than what you normally hear. Keep a look out for updates cause they'll happen often!!
2 comments:
I'm glad you decided to do a blog!!!
So i've tried calling you lately and for some reason all I get is your answering machine.
Hope all is well!!!
I love it and am glad you are doing this. I will check it frequently. Love, Mom C
Post a Comment