Saturday, June 6, 2009

The Return Of Underwear Girl

So in the past I have often caught Gwen with some of her underwear or training pants (this is back before her being potty trained) on her head. Everytime I caught her like that I would call her Underwear Girl. We haven't seen her in a while though (the last time being almost a year ago).



Gwen has some issues falling asleep at night. She'll play with the blinds, toys, stuffed animals, anything she can. She'll also climb, get into the closet, ask to use the bathroom 3 or 4 times, ask for a drink of water, and get into any clothes that happen to be out. She will also change her pjs before falling asleep or take them off and fall asleep in just her underwear. Oh, and she has to have her door open and the hall light on because she's scared of the dark.

Last night was going the same as every night-put Gwen in her bed, take her to the potty 3 times, get her a drink, and take all the toys and stuffed animals (save a few for her to sleep with...she freaks if she doesn't at least have 3 stuffed animals in bed with her) and continuously tell her to get back in bed and go to sleep. She even started something new last night-standing by her night light and trying to pull the hairs out of her arms and legs (what a goof). I saw her playing with their dirty clothes basket and told her to go to sleep about 45 minutes after we put her to bed. Robbie checked on her about 15 minutes later and said she had finally gone to sleep. I went in about 10 minutes after Robbie to get Georgia some pj's and I noticed something weird with Gwen. I went over to her bed and started laughing over this...


...the return of Underwear Girl!! Yup, Gwen had gone through her dirty laundry, found her underwear from the day before, put it on her head and fell asleep. I could not stop laughing all night. Thank goodness Rob and I wipe Gwen to make sure she's all clean before putting her underwear back on after using the potty. Still, it's good that she's getting a bath today. Even funnier than the fact that she had it fully on her head and fell asleep was the fact that she actually fell asleep with something over her eyes when she is terrified of the dark. What a goof...it was the best laugh I've had all week. Hooray for the return of Underwear Girl!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pics are priceless! Loving it "Underwear Girl"!

Marj said...

What a little nut! I thought maybe once she began to wear them on her bottom, she would not think about putting them on her head. I think that girl needs a few more hats!