Monday, February 15, 2010

Weight Loss

One of my goals since the beginning of the year (guess you could call it a new year's resolution) was to loose weight. I have struggled with this since having Gwen and I did really good after having Georgia. I lost 18 pounds, and was on my way to loosing more...and then we had to move cross country. Yeah, I gained all 18 pounds back. So I started dieting and exercising again...that is, until around Thanksgiving. Since we had decided to make most of our Christmas gifts to help save on money, I had to spend all my free time doing one gift or another to get it done on time. Yeah...during the holidays, I gained another 10 pounds. So at that point I was 50 pounds over the weight I was when Rob and I got married, and I was not happy.

So the week after Gwen and Georgia's birthdays, I started dieting and exercising again. I try really hard to eat healthy, watch my portions, and stay away from sweets. I exercise for at least an hour, sometimes more, each day.

And thanks to my efforts, in the last month I have lost 10 pounds...HOORAY!! It ticks me off that those 10 pounds were from the holidays, and that it could have been prevented but it is 10 pounds lighter, and I'm happy about that. If I can loose 10 pounds every month, I will be back to the weight I was at when I married Robbie by the end of June. We'll see how it goes, but I'm hopeful and celebrating 10 POUNDS LOST!!!

2 comments:

Marj said...

Yea! Hooray for you! I will work at keeping temptations out of the house then maybe be will all win.

Dana Scarbrough said...

Awesome! Congrats on the FIRST 10 lbs!! Keep it up!