Friday, May 27, 2011

Quick Update

I figured while the girls finish watching their cartoon before lunch, I'd update real quick. We are finally getting everything unpacked. I will post pictures of the house, but please keep in mind that the none of the rooms are decorated yet or finished in a way that I would like. As we finish rooms up I will probably post pictures again, but for now things are very bare.

We made it through our first storm that came with a tornado warning (which pretty much means that a tornado could form at any time so be prepared to run for safety). It was pretty scary, especially for the girls as it came with a massivly severe thunderstorm. The lightning was flashing about every 5 to 10 seconds, the rain was like nothing I've ever seen-it came down so hard and so quick that even if there were a tornado, I don't think we would have heard it over the sound of the rain. We also had hail towards the end of the storm. We have about half of what we need for our 72 hour kits, so that will be something we will be working on in the next two months or so before the fall tornado season hits.

Having our own place is...well, an adventure. We are just renting our house, but it comes with more challenges than I remember. Two days after we moved in we had water leaking out from underneath the walls in the kitchen...eventually found out it was the dishwasher. They came to fix it, but we don't think it was really fixed as we are still having a little bit of leaking around our pantry wall. We also have mold growing inside of our pantry wall thanks to all the water leaking and our pantry not having any sort of ventilation. And not to mention all the bugs and spiders-geez!! I can't even count all the bugs and spiders we have seen/killed since moving in. So, there will probably be some major rennovation in our kitchen to fix the pantry wall and find out what on the dishwasher is leaking, and Robbie has talked about hiring a professional exterminator because he's already done an at home spray and we're still finding them everywhere!

Despite all that, it is soooo much fun to unpack (seriously) and rediscover things that we have had packed up for the last two years. It has been fun to find places for everything, use everything, and just have a home again. The girls love all the space we have, and we have a fenced in back yard which is sooo nice when the weather is good-I can let the girls go outside to play without worrying about cars or running in the street.

To add to all the adventures (and a future post) Georgia fell on Tuesday and hit her head on a kitchen chair, which split a nice sized gash into her forehead, which resulted in a trip to the ER. She's doing just fine now-doesn't even notice it, but instead of stitches they glued it back together (they said it's the same as if they had given her stitches). She is turning out to be our accident prone child, so we'll have to keep a close eye on her.

I will try to post about everything-including easter-as soon as I can (hopefully this weekend) and put photos up.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Sounds like you guys are having quite the adventure! Sorry about all the bugs and such!! I hope that gets fix. We had a huge ant problem in our first apartment. I'm excited to see pictures of the house.