Wednesday, July 6, 2011

House Pics

So I've had a lot of people ask me for photos of the house. I'm not posting pics of the outside (but I'm going to try to do a video tour for family members) cause the house number is pretty noticable but here's pics of the inside. Please keep in mind that we are still unpacking things and organizing and trying to stick to a budget so it'll be slow going but as we complete each room I will post pics again:

This is the living room. You can see the massive pile of stuff sitting beside the couch-it's pretty much all books waiting for the bookcase that Rob is making to match the lovely entertainment center that he just spent the last month making for us (I'll post a better pic sometime this week on the craft blog). The brown bookcase on the right is being moved upstairs for the girls books and games in the playroom (it's too small for all the books Rob and I own).



This is our dining room/part of our kitchen. Really bare at the moment...and in need of a larger table.



Our kitchen. It's pretty nice...I love all the counter space. I don't think we've ever had this much counter space in any place that we've lived in since getting married...or this many cabinets.




This is the laundry room...and my washer and dryer!! After 6 1/2 years of marriage, I finally have my own washer and dryer, and I love them. To the left is the garage.



This is the downstairs bathroom or powder room as it is called. It kind of feels like a closet but it's nice to have a bathroom downstairs.




This is the girls playroom/my craft room. It was advertised as a bonus room, but it's really just a den as it has no closet. I am going to store most of my craft stuff in the spare room, and just have my table and a few things in here. We divided up all the girls toys (hahaha...so I don't have to pick up so many toys at once) so they have some in their room, some in the living room, and some in the playroom. This is where we are going to put the toy kitchen that Rob says he's going to build for them for Christmas (since they destroyed the one we made them 2 years ago out of our old entertainment center).



This is our room. That door to the left is my closet, the open door is the door to our room, and on the right (not shown in the picture) is our bathroom where Rob's closet is. The are both walk in closets, which is super nice since we have so much room in them to store things instead of the garage where Rob does most of his woodworking (and therefore, lots of sawdust on things). This room actually changed a little this past weekend after Robbie finished the entertainment downstairs in the living room. We brought some things upstairs into our room, but I already had this picture taken so this is the one I'm going to use.





This is our bathroom-toilet to the right, Rob's closet to the left.






Hahahaha...so this is the spare room, or what's going to be the guest room/nursery (if we have another baby while living here-and no I am not pregnant). Right now it has all the boxes that I haven't gotten to yet...mainly my craft stuff, the girls boardgames, some of their toys, the preschool stuff I have bought over the years for the girls, and some bedroom stuff.



This is the girls bathroom...it's a small bathroom (smaller than the one we had in Rexburg) but it works for them.




And this is the girls room. I had to take two pictures since I couldn't get everything in one picture because of the angle of the hallway. All three of their beds fit on one side of the room (and eventually we'll get bunkbeds for the older two...probably their Christmas present).





And on the other side of the room is their closet and where we have their big dresser. They love having their own room again (and so do we...) and love to play in their room.





It's a pretty nice place and it's so nice to have so much space (except when it comes to doing my really thorough move everything around so I can clean everywhere cleaning every month-then it stinks). The backyard is pretty nice too-completly fenced in so I can let the girls go out to play (when it's not so hot out) and not have to worry about them getting hurt. It's a nice place to be, for however long we are here, and we are so grateful we found it so quickly. We love our home!!

1 comment:

eastcoastgramma said...

Your home is wonderful, it is nice to have so much space for the whole family. Everything will come together, give it time and don't stress. Remember, loving memories are made from special times spent together not from the neatness of your home.
Love, Aunt Linda