Last Monday Georgia and I went to Hobby Lobby (our local crafting store) to get some ribbon to make some Easter hairbows. She's going through this phase where she doesn't want to ride in a shopping cart any more-she just wants to walk. Since I didn't need to get too much, I grabbed a shopping basket and let her carry it when she asked to. We headed over to the ribbon/fabric section, and because of the aisles being so small in that section, she walked right behind me. We got over to the ribbon, and as we were walking past another lady shopping for ribbon, Georgia said as loud as she could...
"Mom....I can see your butt!!" Hahahaha...surprisingly it didn't embarrass me-just made me laugh a lot. Since she was walking right behind me, all she could see was the bum of my jeans. Really funny.
Two days later Georgia and I were getting ready to leave the house to pick Gracie up from preschool. When I went to buckle her in, I found a pair of her sunglasses wedged down in her seat. So I put them on her and buckled her in. I was really surprised when she started freaking out at me and ripped the sunglasses off of her head. I tried to get her to put them back on, telling her that they would protect her eyes from the sun, and that she could be just like mommy (cause I had mine on), but she just kept saying no. I asked her why she didn't want to wear them. Her reply?
"Because I don't want to see the Holy Ghost again!" Hahahahaha...I started laughing and asked her what she meant. She repeated that she didn't want to see the Holy Ghost again, and that he was scary. Still laughing, I told Georgia that the Holy Ghost isn't scary and that He helps us. "No mom, he's scary." I just kept laughing and decided it wasn't worth fighting with her about. The whole conversation reminded me of when Gwen was almost exactly the same age as Georgia is now-Gwen would put a blanket over her head and walk around saying "Wooooooo....I am the Hoooly Ghoooooosttt!!"
The following day was her final funny for the week. Georgia and I were snuggling together on the couch watching cartoons while Gwen and Grace ran around playing. I told her that I would have to get up soon to go get her some dinner (we were having leftovers that night). Georgia looked at me and said "Okay-go get me some dinner!" I laughed and started teasing her for the way she talked to me, telling her that I had to get some Shmooda (a nickname for her) bum first (she is super ticklish on her thighs, bum, and hips) and I started tickling her. Georgia looked at me after I finished tickling her and said "Silly momma...we don't eat bums for dinner!"
It's funny that all of my kids have gone through this ridiculously silly stage, and that Georgia is starting to go through it now. I am looking forward to all the silly things she comes up with and says in the next year or two. She has such a strong, stubborn personality, and is very sure of herself and what she wants/likes (like in the picture below-she loves wearing dresses or skirts, and that morning decided she wasn't going any where unless she had a necklace, non matching princess dressup shoes, and the sunglasses she refused to wear the day before...but wouldn't let me do her hair). She sure is giving us a lot to laugh about.

1 comment:
I can't believe Georgia is 3 already! She is so big! Love the look she put together in the last picture.
Post a Comment