This girl awes and amazes me all the time, especially when it comes to the amount of bravery and self confidence she has.
We went to Target a few weeks before Thanksgiving to get something, and while we were there, we decided to look and see what goodies they might have in their dollar bins (cause who doesn't love a good dollar deal?). I didn't find anything that I thought was worth buying, but Grace did.
Gracie really went digging and found this lovely turkey hat. She wanted to get it and I didn't. I mean, the girls already had baseball caps and some dress up cowgirl hats (along with countless tiaras and crowns) so I really didn't want to add another hat to the mix. We decided to compromise though. If she could wear it all through the store as we went and got what we had originally come for, I would buy her the hat.
Not only did she wear the hat all through the store, but she wore it in the parking lot and all the way home.
I sure love her, and I hope that the confidence that she has in herself never diminishes or disappears as she gets older.
Gotta love the turkey hat!!

1 comment:
I normally find dollar deals to end up being clutter but I have to say that turkey hat is pretty awesome! I hope it becomes one of those family stories of you guys wearing the turkey hat every Thanksgiving! If it does in 20 years you're going to be laughing at how much use you got out of a dollar! And Grace does seem to have a lot of self-confidence, that's so great!
Post a Comment