
It was an early morning for us all because we had to be there by 8:15 for Jake to report and to do our final goodbyes because once the send off ceremony was over they would be getting on a bus to head to the airport. There were tons of people there. So many family and friends came to see their loved ones off. I didn't start crying until 10 minutes before the ceremony, and I have cried on and off since then all day today. We sent my brother Matt to the MTC a couple months ago, and it was hard saying goodbye to him for 2 years, knowing that he'll be in China-halfway across the world. This was harder though I think because I knew that there was a chance that Jake might not come back at all. Man, I can't even get throught this post without sobbing.

It also hit me while we were listening to the speakers that there were soldiers in that room that won't come back, or will come back wounded. I've had such a hard time lately with our situation-no job, no job opportunities, not having a home of our own-basically just feeling stuck with no options, our lives on pause. Being there, however, made me realize that I have so much to be thankful for. Oh how can I complain when these people were giving up their sons and daughter, husbands and wives, brothers and sisters to fight for freedom?

So here's a big thank you to all the men and women in the military-for your sense of duty, your love for your country, and your bravery to fight. I am so grateful for each and every one of you. To my wonderful little brother Jake, or as I like to call him, my "Strawberry Shake," I am so very proud of you. You are a strong and brave young man. Your love for your country and your sense of duty are amazing. I am going to miss you so much...your willingness to help, the way you get the girls to smile, the special bond you have with Georgia, and so much more. Your smile, your laugh, and your company will be sorely missed. i will look back often on the good times and share them with the girls so that they can remember you while you are gone (as I am doing with Matt). We love you so much and we are so very proud of you. You will always be in our thoughts and prayers as will all the members of the military serving right now. Be careful, stay safe, and come home to us-please. We all love you...I love you very very much!!




No comments:
Post a Comment