Monday, February 7, 2011

My New Sunbeam

Gracie started Primary back in January. She's gotten so big!! It's so weird to have two kids in Primary now and only one in nursery. We've had a hard time getting Grace to go to Primary, because it is so different from nursery and she definately takes after me-she is my shy child. She's started to get used to it though and has lots of fun in Primary. Our Primary has so few children that they have been combining some of the classes together. Gwen and Grace's classes are combined, so that makes it a bit easier for Grace, because she has Gwen there to help her. We are so excited for her and so proud of our little Gracie!!


Of course Gwen wanted her picture taken as well. Gwen is in the CTR 4 class now...and is still the oldest in the class, having already turned 5. Gwen loves Primary and all her friends and gets so excited about it, but has been having some problems listening and sitting down and staying in her class. So we've been trying to work on that, but overall she is just so excited to go to church every week and have fun with her friends.


Georgia likes getting her picture taken just as much as her big sisters do. Georgia is still in Primary, and will be for a while. Because her birthday is so early in the year, she will be spending the next two years in nursery. She loves nursery though, and has so much fun in there, that I don't think she'll notice or care. She looks forward to nursery every week and loves playing with her friends!!

They all love Primary so much and I am so grateful for the Primary Program and for all the leaders and teachers that strive so hard to teach my kids and help them to learn and grow in the gospel. We love Primary!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In Rutland they put Gracie into the Nursery - so I think they just don't have a class her age.

Anonymous said...

We were having problems with Shazer in primary for a while too, so I hear ya there! he would get brought out to us a couple times and after that, I'd have Jeremy take him home and miss the rest of church! he had his good days and bad, for sure! but his new class has a more experienced teacher than the young couple that taught him in Sunbeams and he's been doing amazingly well! I think the teacher makes a big difference! I don't know if the other teachers just didn't teach well or what, but he's not huge into coloring for long periods of time, so if that's what they did I can see the problem. my preschool professor taught us that the best discipline for a preschool class is a great curriculum! if the teacher knows how to teach the kids will stay engaged and not get into trouble. I know that doesn't help you much cuz you can't pick who teaches, but it might give you some insight to the problem. I seriously just realized it the other day because he hasn't had any problems at all with this new teacher!