We were all looking forward to spending some more time with Robbie's parents before we moved too. When we got there on Friday, Rob and his dad unloaded the U Haul, and he, his dad, and even I helped start loading the big moving truck. We returned the U Haul, ate dinner, and loaded some more stuff onto the main truck. It was a long day, but mostly for Rob.
Saturday we woke up to our last winter snow storm. After Rob's mom went to work, and some people from Rob's parents ward showed up to help Robbie load the main truck, the girls and I went to a friends house to get out of the way. We finally made it there after almost going off the road 3 times, and the girls got to dye and decorate easter eggs and go on a easter egg hunt while at our friends. Just about the time we were done there Robbie had finished loading the moving truck, so the girls and I went and picked him up and we went out and did things as a family.
After Rob's mom got home that night from work we ate dinner quickly and then the fun began. The girls were excited to dye easter eggs again, and had a lot of fun doing it. We had to cook an extra set of eggs because they were having so much fun (and they kept dropping the eggs and cracking them).
Gwen trying to pull of a pirate smile

After we were done with dying eggs the girls had a bath and I put the girls hair in curlers. Georgia even allowed me to put her hair in curlers-I was so excited!!
The next morning the girls climbed onto our bed and anxiously asked about every 5 seconds whether or not they could go searching for their Easter baskets (the Easter bunny hides the baskets instead of eggs, a tradition the Easter bunny did with my family growing up to prevent missing hard boiled eggs rotting and stinking everything up). They couldn't wait for mommy and daddy and grandma to be ready!

After some searching, they each found their baskets. I can't remember where all of them were hidden, but I think Georgia's was hidden in plain sight in the hallway, Grace's was hidden on a kitchen chair, and Gwen's was hidden on the computer desk chair-out of sight. They had so much fun going through their baskets!
Gwen going through her basket

After church we took a lot of pictures. We took some at church and some at Robbie's Nana's house, trying to get some good Easter pictures. Here are the results:
Gwen

Georgia
Grace at church

The girls twirling "like ballerinas mommy" at church...can you see the ringlets in Grace's hair? The curlers I have for Gwen and Grace curl their hair into ringlets-love it!!

Our family. We had a wonderful Easter dinner later that night and just relaxed and did some last minute packing, because we were leaving early the next morning. We had a great Easter with Rob's parents, and it was hard to leave them as well. We sure miss all of our family and are so grateful that we had those wonderful 2 years to spend with them.










2 comments:
Thanks for the nice update! I like your dress, it's really pretty!
The girls look adorable in their Easter dresses! So cute...we sure miss those little ones!
Post a Comment