Saturday, August 17, 2013

Gwen's Award Assembly

I am always so proud of my kids when they receive an achievement award at the end of the school year.  In our elementary school here, they don't give out awards to the kindergarten kids, so the focus was all on Gwen.
 
She did excellent this year, and was pretty disappointed to find out that she didn't receive a reading award this year (mainly because she was constantly reading chapter books instead of easy books, and unfortunately the chapter books count for the same amount of points as the easy books, so she didn't receive as many points-boo), but she received straight A's all year, so she received an award for that.
 
And I couldn't be prouder of her for all her hard work and all the problems she bravely worked through this year.  I sure love her zest for learning scientific facts and reading all sorts of books, and her love of telling jokes.  Can't wait to see what this new school year brings!!
 
WAY TO GO GWEN!!!  DADDY AND I SURE LOVE YOU!!!!
 
Gwen is in the red, next to her principal.

Gwen (in the red) coming into the assembly.
 
The video is kind of shaky, and you can't really hear them talking (all thanks to my sweet little wee one), but I thought family members would still like to see it!!

No comments: