The next part of our vacation trek was spent in Rochester, NY with Rob's mom's family. We headed down there on the 4th of July, and made it in time to have some yummy food and watch the fireworks.
Genni's 1st 4th of July!! What a cutie!!
A photo from the day we left...wanted to squeeze this cute photo in somewhere cause I love pictures of my kiddos snuggling with their Daddy.
Hanging out on the blanket while we waited for the fireworks. They were helping put together the glow stick bracelets we had.
Georgia hanging out in our double stroller with the big inflatable hammer Grandma bought her. She really didn't get out of the stroller much the whole night.
Rob and Genni just hanging out-she was a bit grumpy.
Genni loved the glowsticks we had though!!
Grandma bought Gwen an inflatable sword-she was thrilled!!
She and the little boy sitting behind us had an epic inflatable sword battle!!
My pretty girl resting with Mommy while waiting for the fireworks...can't believe she's almost 8 years old!!
Gracie resting on Mommy's legs (you can see her inflatable ducky that Grandma bought her in the background-everyone except Genni got some big inflatable toy!). I love my Gracie!!
The fireworks were about to begin, so Georgia switched seats in the stroller so she could see better. Can't say I blame her.
The girls had a blast at the fireworks, and Genni loved them!! It was fun to sit and watch them with Rob's mom Marj and Rob's Aunt Carol. It was so great to spend the 4th of July with family again (like we did last year) and celebrate our freedom and remember those who have fought, sacrificed, and died for that freedom (love you Jake-you are an awesome and amazing man and I am and always will be so proud of you!!). This holiday always makes me emotional and fills me with gratitude for all the many blessings the Lord has given me and my family-mostly, that I was born to a family in a free country with so many options and opportunities open for me that makes life easier than people in other countries, and that I can now give those same opportunities to my own children. We can't wait to see where we'll be for the 4th of July next year!!


No comments:
Post a Comment