I decided this year that I was going to try and be proactive about the girls being bored through the summer. I found a bunch of different ideas, and planned one for every day of the week (except Saturday and Sunday). I tried really hard to do something with them every day, and while that didn't always work out, we did a lot of fun things together.
One of the things we did was to make a tape and box town. The first day I had the girls help me gather up a bunch of small boxes from around the house and garage, and then they decorated them to make them look like different community buildings. The following day I laid out roads and parking lots for their buildings, and we got out all our toy cars (and the girls decided they had to get out their mini La La Loopsy and Disney Princess dolls to play with as well), and they just played and played.
They made a store, a mall, a school, a police station, a fire station, a post office, a hotel, and a couple of houses (I think there were a couple others, but I can't remember what they were).
We kept the tape town and boxes out for almost a month, so during the times where we weren't doing something (or I failed to do the planned activity for that day with them), they could get their cars and dolls back out and have a blast!!
We will definitely try to do things like this again next summer!!
2 comments:
How fun! You guys did a great job, I never thought about decorating boxes, what a great idea! we did a tape bulls eye last year to throw marbles into, but we didn't use it much and the marbles were all over the house for months! I can't wait to hear what else you did to do some of them ourslves!
Thanks Erin!! It was a lot of fun. I'll try to see if I have any pictures of any of the other things we did.
Post a Comment