Before I get to Thanksgiving, and how wonderful it was, Robbie had his birthday this past Tuesday-he's now 27!! We had Matt over to celebrate with us and had his delicious home-made Chinese (egg rolls, sweet and sour chicken, and crab ragoons). Of course we also had cake and ice cream and Rob got to open his cards and presents. He and Gracie are doing what we call "silly face" in the picture-Grace does it all the time (I'll get a better picture of it later, I promise)! He had a great birthday.
We (our family and Matt) spend Thanksgiving down in Wyoming at Diana and Quinn's. It was a lot of fun and it was so nice of them to have us all over for a couple of days. Gwen loves being around her "Aunt Dilah" and "Uncle Kin" and had a blast playing with her cousin Maddie. Grace was thrilled with her too. She couldn't stop squealing and saying baby for about the first half hour we were there. They had a lot of fun with her. Gwen had a lot of fun with her Uncle Matt too-she played dress up with him and really made him look nice!!
We experienced our very first deep fried turkey-it was amazing!! And of course we had a few other yummy dishes-gravy, mashed potatos, stuffing, green beans and my mom's delicious rolls (her recipe I mean). We ended the night with pumpkin and chocolate pie (Matt's favorite and the girls-can you tell?). We spent Friday with them as well-Diana and I shopped online while Quinn, Robbie and Matt went grouse hunting (they got two). We had so much fun and are so thankful that they were willing to put up with us (mainly our hyper kids) for a few days. How thankful we are for our family!!
2 comments:
It was a lot of fun...and little maddi is very lonely without her cousins!
Thanks for making the trip!!!
Remember the picture I have where Gwen looks like Diana? I think that Grace (when she is making the face with Daddy) looks like Missy. I'm not quite sure about the face Daddy is making but hope it was a Happy Birthday for him!
Post a Comment