So I went to the doctor again today. I lost more of my mucus plug this morning, but didn't think that the doctor was going to tell me much more than he did last time although I knew I was going to be checked for dialation today. However I did tell the doctor about all the braxton hicks contractions and loosing pieces of my plug, including losing a piece today. He checked me, then said he wouldn't be surprised if I had the baby sometime within the next week (ahhh!!!) because between loosing pieces of my plug and having a few small contractions (besides the braxton hicks ones) I am dialated to a 3 and I am 75% effaced (spelling?). This is a bit further along than I was with either of the girls-with both of them I was only ever dialated to a 2 and less than 50% effaced before going into labor. So while it's good news to know that I am almost done with this pregnancy, and I am excited to see this new little spirit, I am also really hoping that she doesn't come for another week, or at least until after Monday (Gwen's birthday). Seeing as how my children have minds of their own, and how anxious this one has seemed to be, I'm not counting on her listening to me and waiting until I say it's okay. So, keep a look out here for updates...the next one on the baby and I may just be pictures of her (and this isn't a very good picture of me, but it sure shows off how big my belly is now)!!

As for everyone else...
Robbie started school again yesterday. He likes his classes so far, and has a few classes with some friends as well. He says that they are going to be a lot of work though. He gets up early every morning and most nights doesn't go to bed until late, and I don't know how he's doing it-he is amazing. He will still be working for Okland while going to school, though only part time.
Gwen and Grace had an appointment today where they were both weighed and measured. It's no wonder we are often asked if we have twins. Gwen weighs 24 pounds (still a tiny little thing) where Grace weighs 23 pounds 13 ounces (so only 3 ounces apart in weight). Gwen is 35 1/4 inches tall (10th percentile for her age...as it's always been) where Grace is 33 inches tall (90th percentile for her age). They are so close in height and weight to each other-it's crazy. They are both doing really good though-they are healthy and are having no learning problems. Gwen is constantly repeating new things that she hears (the newest-too bad so sad when we tell her it's time for a time out, and mommy has a fat belly) and has such an amazing imagination when playing with her toys and Grace. Grace is still the cuddler and is learning to say new things too. She loves to say wow as loud as she can, and she likes to hide then pop out saying "here I are." She steals Gwen's bike from her all the time but rides it backwards, and she is constantly making up new dance moves. They are so cute and so much fun!! We will continue to keep you all updated!!
No comments:
Post a Comment