Because I finally got my dryer clean!! Yes...it took me TWO DAYS to clean all the crayon out of my dryer. Yesterday was pretty much just cleaning out the main part of the dryer, and today was cleaning all the little gaps and holes of the lint trap. I didn't get it all out of the lint trap, but I did my best, and when your fingers (and arms, and back...it was caked on real good) hurt from scrubbing away for two days, and even a sharp nail/fork/knife won't get the crayon out of the tiny holes in the lint trap grating, you just give up and hope that it doesn't come out on your clothes. I did a test and a tiny tiny tiny bit of crayon came off on the clothes so I am running the clothes through again after wiping out what I could and hopefully now I won't have any problems. I better not...I really need to wash our clothes. Robbie is down to his last pair of clean jeans, and I literally have NOTHING to wear...pajama pants and holey t-shirts have been it. I hope that I never ever have to go through this again...and I still have to work on getting all the crayon out of my ruined load of clothes...sigh. Oh the joys of being a parent!! And hooray for clean clothes!!
I'm going to have a bit of a moment...I guess it's because it's so late and this is a bit like having a journal for me. I have been really bummed out this week. I don't know if it's the stress of 3 kids under the age of 4, worrying about Robbie finding a job, or the fact that after spending a weekend with my sister I just really miss my family. We have not been back home even for a short visit since we moved out here at the end of December of '06. Rob and I have not seen any grandparents/cousins/relatives besides our parents/siblings who live on the east coast in over 2 years. I know that we could end up nowhere near any family at all, but just since Mother's Day I have just been homesick I guess. This has not been an easy week-Georgia getting her shots and being on edge for 2 days...Gwen and Grace have been something else when it comes to being nice and obeying this week...and the dryer incident (which as I said before, left me in tears twice). I am by myself with the girls 4 days a week from about 6 am to 6 or 7 pm. It was so nice to spend 2 days straight having another adult female to talk to and vent with...the girls have been sick so often lately that I haven't had the chance to really get out of the house besides running errands. I think that everything just piled up on me this week and I just needed to vent and let things out. Hopefully the next few weeks will be a bit better and we'll be able to get out more. Oh, and a big thanks to Rob and my brother Matt for watching the girls AND scrubbing the dryer for me yesterday...I owe you guys!!
Snowy Days
3 years ago
1 comment:
Well I know how it is being home sick. It's so hard to just get up and take a vacation when you are in school and not really having the money. I only have two kids and it gets to me sometimes to. But the best thing for me is to just get out of the house. Even if Rob got home and you went to the store alone anything helps:) Glade to hear that your dryer is better now. Hope that you feel better to and if you need anything I am always home:)
Post a Comment