Monday, August 3, 2009

Sitting Up!!

So I don't know how she did it, stuck in a car seat for hours on end, day after day, but right before we moved and during our move Georgia learned how to sit up. She no longer topples over after a few seconds. She can sit there for minutes to an hour and just play. She's also figuring out how to get onto her back/tummy to roll around from a sitting position, and she's learning how to push herself up from the floor into a sitting position. She's not quite there yet, but she gets half way there. She's also been teething the past few days (during our trip to Rochester) and learning how to wave. She says baba and mama now, and I know that most of the time she is just saying the sounds, but the other day she was watching me get her a bottle and said "Mama Baba" and when she is playing on the floor and wants my attention she'll turn her head to look at me and say "mama" over and over again until I respond (and then she stops). I'd like to think that mama is her first word, but I'll wait a week or two until I know for sure. She's getting so big and I can't believe that she's almost 7 months old!


Sitting up so big!!



Taking a nap on the couch with a toy at Grandpa & Grandma Congdons.

No comments: