Gwen was the tiniest one there. There were other tiny kids but she was the smallest by far. It made my heart ache to see how much she differed from the other kids because I have never really noticed it before but I am sure that it will not keep her from doing anything with the rest of her classmates. Her preschool program is through the town's Parks and Recreation system and is located in a park with a fenced in public pool right next door. So during the summer they get water time (there is something like the splash park in rexburg there) and at all times during the year there is a huge park right out back. We took Gwen out to look at everything in the park and let her play for a bit so she wouldn't throw a fit when leaving the preschool room. She keeps asking when we are going back to preschool and is disappointed that she doesn't go back until the 3rd. We are going to try to sit down and have a talk with her about right and wrong; listening to her teacher; temper tantrums; and the oh so important stranger/special places on our body talk before she starts preschool. The class is small and with all those teachers I don't think it'll be an issue keeping an eye on all of them but since she'll be gone all day long 2 days a week I think that it's important to talk about things with her. I am also going to have Robbie give her a blessing the night before her first day just like my dad did with all of us on the night before our first day of school each year. I think it will help her and hopefully help me be at peace when she is gone (am I being a bit paranoid...worrying too much?).
So I will post photos on her first day of school, but she is oh so excited!! We have the backpack (which I guess she really doesn't need, but might to tote things back and forth since she's only there two days a week), the lunchbox, the sleeping bag (for naps) and change of clothes. She's all ready to go!!
2 comments:
Gwen, Preschool sounds like it is going to be so much fun!
We are very happy that you are so excited and that you will have such fun teachers! We can't wait to hear about your first day! Hope you have lots of fun with all your new friends and teachers!
Love,
Aunt Diana, Uncle Quinn, and Madison
that's so exciting, sounds like a great preschool! that's awesome that they have so many activities and learning experiments for the kids! and wow, she's there a full day?? that'll be so nice for you to have only the 2 younger ones for a full day! Shazer will be starting preschool up on campus in a few weeks, RIGHT after his birthday, so I have a feeling he might be one of the youngest ones there. he'll also be going Tuesdays and Thursdays, but it's just in the morning for a little over 2 hours. hopefully it will help he socialize with kids his age since right now it's just him and Mia at church. we sure miss you guys, good luck with everything!!
Post a Comment