So I know it's been a while since I've done an update, and I feel bad. I just haven't been up for blogging much lately. So here goes an update on all of us.
Georgia is one now. Can't believe my baby is one. So sad. She is eating regular food now (and oh how she eats...I can't believe how much she eats!!) and completely on milk. She is talking more and more. She says daddy and mommy (not dada and momma any more), baby, yeah, bye, hi, and i (when she wants something). She is teething her top two one year molars now, which to me is kind of funny because she still only has three of her four bottom front teeth (one of her teeth on the bottom still hasn't come through). She gave us the greatest blackmail pictures tonight for when she starts dating...he he he. Her diaper got stuck on the handle of my parents Lay-Z-Boy chair (went through a leg and up through the back of her diaper while she was crawling by) and she pulled and yanked and tried so hard to get free. Needless to say, the dipaer started to sag a little thanks to the pulling and yanking and we got some good shots of her cute little bum stuck in the diaper, which was stuck to the chair. Priceless.
Gracie will be 2 1/2 next week. And I finally started potty training her again this week. She's been doing pretty great. She's stayed dry as long as we remember to put her on the potty. And she's so excited and willing to do it. She's had some problems understanding that when she has to go #2 she should do it in the potty too, but she's doing better than Gwen did in the beginning, which has me hoping. I've been working with her on preparing her for preschool in the fall and she has been loving it, especially all the art projects (we include Gwen on the days when she's home from preschool). Today we made snowmen with cotton balls and scrap pieces of fabric and cardstock. Oh, and Grace is still coloring all over herself with whatever she can find. In a weeks time she has colored on her hands and wrists with green and red Sharpies, and colored all over her face (2 days before church, I might add) with a green sharpie.
Gwen is 4 now, and I can't believe it. She started sunbeams at church the first Sunday of January, and she loves it!! She's been telling everyone about it for the past few weeks. She looks forward to church and seeing her friends there, especially since we have invited them all over for Gwen's first ever birthday party on the 30th (of which she is just tickled about). And she still loves preschool, of course. She has tons of friends there (but we as her parents don't know them or their parents at all, so we decided to just invite her church friends to her party, especially since there are only 5 other kids in her Primary class, and there's close to 20 kids in her Preschool class). She is learning so much and always telling us some new fact about an animal or the weather or cars or something. I'll do a post soon about her art work and Grace's (and Georgia's...she drew her first picture yesterday!!).
Oh, and Gwen's latest funny? We were finishing up bath time on Monday night. I was getting Georgia out of the bath, and Gwen and Grace were sitting by the bathroom door waiting and playing with their bath dolls (Disney princess bath dolls...Gwen has an Ariel doll, Grace a Sleeping Beauty doll, and Georgia a Belle doll). They weren't listening to me, so I told them that if they kept it up there would be no story time before bed, and Grace said fine and that she was going to pray to Jesus for a Sleeping Beauty mommy. Gwen said no Grace, because then they would have two mommies and they would have to send the Sleeping Beauty mommy back to Jesus. Grace said she wouldn't do that, and then Gwen..."Well Grace, Jesus is not a fairy, and he does not have wings, so you can't do that." Wow. Got a good laugh out of that.
Rob is doing okay. He's trying to find things to do with all his free time now. Since we are on unemployment there have been some benefits, but you can tell that the lack of a job is wearing on him. He goes online multiple times a day to check for new job listings, checks different companies all over the country, and applies for everything he can. We haven't had a single call or interview or email since September. There is a chance that the company Robbie was working for before the layoff will hire him back on in the spring when work picks back up, but we haven't heard for sure, so again-life is up in the air. Rob has been helping me out a lot though, and it's great to spend time together. He's been working out more, helping my parents around the house and running errands, and writing a lot. He is also having a good time serving as the 1st counselor in the Young Men's presidency.
Me? Umm...without going into too much detail, I am still having a really hard time-more than I've let on to anyone. I have been struggling like crazy with our situation, and while I am so grateful for what we have, for our families who are helping us out so much, for food and a place to live...my feelings have turned to anger and bitterness and sadness and loss of faith and hope. Things got bad for a while, and they are still not good. I am still struggling, having a hard time getting past my doubts and feelings. But I am changing what I do each day, spending more time praying and reading scriptures...playing with my kids and trying to strenghten my relationship with my husband and with the Lord. And like today, there are still bad days...but I am trying so hard.
And I am having happier days. I decided to write out a daily schedule for myself, just to help me get up and do more each day and turn the TV off. Between the good food and the lack of desire, I have gained weight. So now, each morning, I get up, read my scriptures, say prayers, get ready for the day. For two hours in the morning I do preschool, art, and reading with the girls. I exercise for an hour during nap time in the afternoon. And during the remainder of my afternoon I find time to do things for myself. I make time at night for more scriptures and prayers. And as I'm changing things, I'm feeling happier and better.
That's it for now, I guess. As more happens, I'll try harder to keep updating. Thanks to all who have kept us in your prayers.
Snowy Days
3 years ago
4 comments:
Sounds like you've been super busy! Those stories about the girls crack me up! Especially the one about the sleeping beauty mommy! :) That made me smile!
I am sorry that things haven't looked up for the job situation. I will continue to pray.
I have obviously never been in your guys' shoes, but I have had a time (well multiple times, but one large and long time) where I felt angry, sad, lost and hopeless. After my mom passed away, my spiritual life fell far. I know it's hard and you're one step ahead of where I was because I wouldn't even recognize the fact that I wasn't spiritually healthy. So you're taking great steps to get there. From experience, I know that setting a schedule and just reading scriptures, even when you arn't feeling in the mood, will help you get some of that zeal back. As far as struggling with what's going to happen, no one can no that. All you can do is build up your testimony so that by the time you get out of this hard time, you can say that it has made you stronger. I did this by just surrounding myself with people who are strong in their faith and can be there to support you. Maybe even people outside your family as well. I know my situation wasn't even close to what you're going through now. I can't even imagine how hard it must be. I can imagine that you feel weak, helpless, and hopeless, but just keep reminding yourself that Heavenly Father is right there for you, even though it may not seem like it. This will make you stronger as an individual and as a family. I know you can make it through this! I will keep you all in my prayers! And know if times get rough please don't hesitate to call to vent or just talk, anything at all, I'm here. I love you guys very much and you're constantly in my thoughts! :)
Way to go taking time out for yourself! It really is so important to take care of mommy too! Hoping you hear something jobwise soon soon!
oh man, i'm so sorry! you know since we're in a similar boat i'm always checking your blog, fingers crossed, hoping that you have good news on the job front! I am thinking of you and praying for you. This is really a very hard trial and I hope you see the other end of it very soon!! Hang in there!
I was thinking last night, has Rob looked into "Income Based Repayment", (IBR) on student loans? If you have student loans the government has a new program called IBR that makes your payments to be based on your income. My lender told me you can only apply for it once your loans enter repayment, (i.e. out of grace period/forbearance,) but it is good for one year, and each year you can reapply. Since we don't make any money it means I don't have to pay my loans back at all right now. We're not sure what interest does during that time, but since you guys will be getting a job soon, (fingers crossed!) sooner than us anyway, I just thought I would pass it along. I'm pretty sure it was one of those things I thought of as I went to sleep the other night, and I'm sure you guys have it all taken care of, just thought I would pass it along just in case. I know Rob will get a job sometime soon, I'm sure people will start building again this Spring/Summer. Love you guys!
Post a Comment