Sunday, January 27, 2013

Summer Vacation Part 5-Idaho

 
Our last part of vacation was spending some time in Idaho with our friends the Butikofers.  We have known them since Robbie and I were newly weds, living in Montana while Robbie went to school (and I was 2-3 months along with Gwen).  They live in Rigby Idaho now, not far from BYU-I, and we hadn't seen them in about 4 years, so it was really great to see them again and spend some time with them.
 
One of the days we went out to do something we saw this really cool rainbow in the clouds.
 

 Another neat thing we did while visiting them was to go to the Idaho Falls Museum and see the King Tut exhibit.  Ever since I was little I have had a fascination with Greek mythology and history and Egyptian mythology and history.  When I saw the billboard for this exhibit I was so excited, and even more so when everyone agreed that it would be a fun thing to go see.  Even the girls were excited.  I can't remember the descriptions of all the things that I have posted here but it was really cool to see.




I do remember that this was one of King Tut's thrones, and that the following picture was one of his chariots.
 


 
 
The absolute best part of the exhibit was getting to see King Tut's actual mummy.
 

The younger two girls were kind of torn between being grossed out and being scared, but Gwen loved it.  She has really developed an interest in some of the same things I had (or still have) an interest in.  She really enjoyed the whole exhibit.
 


 One of the things that the museum has is a children's little discovery area.  The girls loved this area, and played there for quite some time.  They loved getting up on the "horse" outside the room too.
 
 

 
Georgia pretending to pump water outside of the cabin.
 
 
My little Indian Gracie.
 

Gwen the explorer.

 
We had a lot of fun with our friends doing other things too, and even just hanging out with them at their house.  It was great to see my brother and his fiancé a bit more too.  Before we knew it though it was time to head back to Texas.  We were bummed cause it had been an awesome vacation full of so much fun and we loved getting to see family and friends again, but it was nice to get home and sleep in our own beds and not have to be in a car all the time (my feet and ankles swelled up sooo much while we were in the car).  What a wonderful vacation we had...one that hopefully we will be able to repeat in the future.

No comments: