Robbie's doing really well. He's looking forward (and so am I) to Christmas...not only for the excitement of it all, but he gets Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday off from work. So, while that means less of a paycheck, that's more time than normal that I get to spend with my husband, and I am all for that. He starts school again on the 7th, so the more time we get to spend with him before he's busy with school and work, the happier I'll be. He took our family Christmas photo on Sunday, so as soon as he's done editing it, we'll post in here and email it out. He's becoming quite the photographer with his new camera!!
The girls are doing really well too. We painted Rudolph the other day with their hands and feet (feet for the head, hands for the antlers) then glued google eyes on and used red glitter for the nose. They had so much fun doing that-Gwen keeps talking about her reindeer. They went and met Santa for the first time on Friday and Gwen went right up to him. Every time Santa asked her a question though all she could do is giggle like crazy. She still talks about Santa and has even said that she's seen him and his reindeer flying at night. Grace didn't react at all to Santa-she just sat there, looked around at everything except Santa, and true to her personality around strange people, showed no emotion what so ever. The rest of the time we were in the store though she kept saying, "Tanta? Tanta!" They both seem really excited for Christmas. Oh, and there's a new Gwen funny-she runs around after Grace with a blanket over her head and says "Ooohh...Grace, I am the Holy Ghost!" in the spookiest voice she can do...it's really funny.
As for me, things are going good. I had a doctor's appointment on the 18th and they said that everything looks good-nothing to be concerned about. I go back for my next appointment on the 2nd and I'm pretty sure they're going to start checking me then since I'll be 20 days from my due date and because of signs my body is showing me (and I've talked about this with the doctor) that it's getting ready for labor (I had the same signs with Grace...and one of them with Gwen that I can remember). So, we'll be spending this weekend and next getting all the baby stuff out of storage and figuring out where we are going to put everything in our little apartment. I've also been preparing things for my counselors so that when I do go into labor, they won't be confused as to how things are supposed to go (I have to call a new 1st counselor and my 2nd one has been away for the holidays) and who everyone is in Primary. Lots to do before the baby comes, and time is running short. Oh, and we have decided on a name...her name will be Georgia Ann Congdon. I'll let everyone know when things start happening, but hopefully she waits until after Gwen's birthday (Jan. 12th). With my luck, she probably will. Still, doesn't hurt to be prepared (oh, and Gwen tells me all the time that I have a fat belly-even when she sees pregnancy pictures-"Mom, that's your fat belly!!")!
No comments:
Post a Comment