Monday, December 8, 2008

Snow Day!!

We got a good deal of snow last night (okay, well maybe it was only 2 to 3 inches, but that's enough) so I decided to take the girls out to play in the snow for the first time. Gwen was so excited! She was thrilled to look out the window this morning and see all the snow. I don't think Grace knew what was going on-just that we were going to go outside for a little while. The girls looked so cute in their new snow clothes.














Grace had a hard time outside though. She would loose her balance and fall backwards in the snow, then lay there like a beached turtle and whine until I came over to help her back up. Towards the end, she actually fell face first in the snow and just freaked out. She did not like having a face full of snow. Gwen had a blast though. We made a "mini snowman" (that's what she calls it) and she had so much fun packing more and more snow on top of the balls of snow I had rolled for her to make the snowman. It did at one point have a third snowball for it's head, but the snowman would fall over periodically while Gwen was "fixing" it that eventually the top one just fell off. I think it turned out all right though, and the girls did have a lot of fun being outside for a while today.













2 comments:

The Heiner's said...

Yeah for snow!!! sure looks like fun!
If you send Gwen up this weekend with Rob have her bring her snow cloths!

Marj said...

I just love the little snow angels! They are just precious.