I have also attempted some other blankets recently. Robbie got me a sewing machine for Christmas (I've been asking for one since we got married) and I made some cuddly blankets (that's what they're called on the pattern) for the girls as my first attempt at sewing since high school, and as practice to figure out how to use my machine and all it's features. We let the girls pick out which type of stuffed animal they wanted...Gwen had to have the Lion (after we convinced her that she has plenty of stuffed dogs) and Grace got a monkey (which is perfect, because she goes around making monkey noises all the time...she's become my little monkey between the noises and all the climbing!!). I think they turned out pretty good for my first attempts at sewing in years, and since they did, we're going to go back to the craft store and get the stuff to make one for the baby (I've had my eye set on the stuffed elephant for a while).
Snowy Days
3 years ago
2 comments:
Those are really cute! Good work! Where did you get the patterns for the animal snuggly blankets?
Annie...I got the pattern for the blanket from our local craft store Porters. I can scan and send you the pattern though if you would like it...they are really easy to make and the girls love them!
Post a Comment