Friday, April 17, 2009

All Alone

Man do I miss my husband. Robbie is gone-he went to New Mexico for a job interview. We dropped him off at the airport yesterday (Thursday) afternoon and he's gone until tonight when his plane lands a little after 10 pm. All yesterday afternoon, every time I heard a car go by, I would look out to see if it was Robbie and then realize that he was gone. I would also look out the window, see our car sitting in our parking space, and get all excited because I would automatically think that Robbie just got home. Once again, I would realize that he was gone, and I was alone with three little girls until Friday night. And I'm not the only one that misses him. We talked to Robbie last night using our webcams (he has one built into his laptop, and I have one that my parents gave me for Christmas) and Grace was so excited to see him. Gwen was too, but she was awful upset that her daddy wasn't right there with her. She understood that he was gone and that he wasn't going to be there during the night. She whined and cried a good deal during the phone call, and sobbed when we dropped him off at the airport. I cried a bit too-who wouldn't?

The girls were pretty good for me last night. I let them stay up later than normal so that I wouldn't have too much of a fight getting them to sleep. It all worked out too with Georgia's eating schedule, which was pretty screwed up yesterday due to having to take Robbie to the airport. My brother Matt came over for dinner last night, and while he didn't stay for a long visit (which is all right-he needed to move into his apartment) he stayed long enough to keep an eye on sleeping Georgia while I gave the bigger girls a bath-just in case she woke up crying or something. Anyways, I didn't sleep well because of Rob being gone, but I got enough sleep. And I am so very excited to see him tonight. I would have loved to do something fun today to pass the time, but I think I'd rather surprise Rob and get everything cleaned.

This has been a good test to see if I can handle all three girls by myself for more than 24 hours. I was concerned that if I needed help I wouldn't really have anyone to call (between the semester being over and Easter most people are out of town or have moved) but Matt got into town earlier than expected, but turns out I didn't need to call him last night. I surprised myself by handling it so well and not losing my patience or feeling stressed out with all 3 kids. Guess it just goes to show that the Lord was looking out for me and answered my prayers with a lot of patience and love and helped remind me to relax and take it easy, and by looking out for us and Robbie as we are apart. Hopefully this job interview will work out and another prayer of ours will be answered and Robbie will get the job. We'll let you know when we hear something!!

1 comment:

The Heiner's said...

Sorry I couldn't be there with you...it would have been better than this stinkin hair cut!!!
Call if you need to talk!