No, this blog will not be as scandalous as it sounds. It's just that I swear my children are closet nudists. On Monday I was sitting in my bedroom taking care of some things. Now, when I am in my bedroom working on stuff, I put the girls in their bedroom to play. For those of you who have never seen pictures or been in our apartment (or live in Hyde Park) the girls bedroom is right across the hallway from ours, so I can hear and see (almost) just about everything they are doing in there. Anyways, I had the blinds open because it was a beautiful day outside, and I was multi-tasking with putting Georgia to sleep and working on my stuff. I looked out the window and one of our neighbors/friends from our ward were out back playing with their daughter, who is also in nursery. I heard Gwen saying "Hi friend...it's me, Gwen" and banging on the window with Grace repeating over and over "Hi fwend." I went to tell them to stop banging on the window, and found Gwen standing in front of the window will nothing but her pull-up on. So I told her to get dressed (which is a new thing she has learned to do-hooray!!), watched her start to get dressed and I went back to my room to finish putting the baby to sleep. About 2 minutes later I heard her yelling the same thing and banging on the window again. Again, I went back to their room. Now, our bedroom windows are very large, and the window sills are large enough that the girls can stand on them, and the sill is not far off the ground (Gwen can get on it from her bed). So, as I walk over to their room, I find Gwen standing on the window sill, in front of the window, butt naked for all the world to see, with Grace standing next to her in nothing but a shirt! Our neighbors thought it was pretty funny, and I do have to say that though I was a bit irritated and embarassed, I still thought it was pretty funny too. It seems to be the big thing with them right now. Last week and this week all they've wanted to do is strip down to nothing. What weird stages they go through.
Gwen has also had some other funnies this week. Yesterday morning I was in my room putting laundry away. Gwen and Grace followed me into my room, walked around for a bit, and then Gwen told me that she had zombies under her bed. Where this came from, I'm not sure, but it was pretty funny. Later that night she was trying to get out of eating her dinner and she told me, with quite the pained look on her face, "Momma, I tink my belly full." I looked at her plate, noticed she'd eaten next to nothing, and said "No Gwen, you need to eat your dinner." She was quiet for a minute and then said,"Momma, I no have a fat belly." "No, you do not have a fat belly Gwen." "Santa Claus has a fat belly," she said. Now chuckling I said "Yes Gwen, Santa does have a fat belly." She paused again and then said, "Momma, I no want to play with Santa's belly button...I think he no like it." I couldn't help but laugh at that. What a funny girl. Grace is starting to have some small funnies of her own, and I'm sure they'll eventually get to Gwen's level, but right now it consists of making funny faces and noises at us, and telling us that her baby is "stinky" every now and then. What a bunch of funny girls.
Oh, and Georgia is doing a lot better. She still has a slight fever every now and then at night, and she is still coughing, but it's much clearer now, to the point where I have been able to stop the breathing treatments (hooray!!). Hopefully she will be completely over it by Easter (and how much does she look like Gwen in those breathing photos I posted? It's amazing how similar, although Georgia has the same nose as Grace...that's the only difference I can tell). I'll try to get some photos up soon (definately by Sunday night-it'll be Easter!!).
Snowy Days
3 years ago
1 comment:
So funny! I can just imagine Gwen and Grace at the window, I'm so amazed at how innocent and unembarrassed kids are! Can't wait to see you guys again sometime!
Post a Comment