Thursday, May 14, 2009

I HATE Crayons!!

While we were down at my sisters place this past weekend, Grace got into her crayons and ended up losing about half of them. Well, she found a dark blue one and instead of getting up and putting it in with Gwen's crayons, I stuck it in the bag we were using for diapers and just thought that I'd get it out when we got home. Well, Wednesday of this week was my scheduled day to do Rob's and my laundry. I always do the girls laundry the day before ours, and after all their laundry is done I put in a load of our colors to decrease the amount of laundry I have to do for us the next day. So, I decided that after all the dirt that got on the diaper bag (it's a bag made out of old jeans) from packing and unpacking the car twice (to go down and come back home from my sisters) I would wash the bag. I checked all the small pockets but didn't think to really look in the big part of the bag, and stuck it in with my laundry (which included all of the clothes that still fit me after losing weight...the only clothes that fit). When I took them out of the dryer on Wednesday (I left them to sit in the dryer over night because the load got done a little late) I noticed that they had blue specks all over them and remembered about the crayon. However, I thought that the crayon had probably melted all over this load of clothes and I had nothing to worry about. Well, the next load of clothes that I had put in the dryer after my load came out completely blue. Thankfully it was just a pair of Gwen's undies (yes, she is almost potty trained!!) and a blanket of Georgia's-a white blanket. Needless to say there will be no saving these two articles of clothing. Oh, and my dryer is caked in melted crayon. I have spent the entire day cleaning blue crayon out of my dryer, and I am still not done. I'd say I have a little less than half the dryer to clean. It was bad!! The dryer before hand was white inside...it's dark blue now. I have learned a serious lesson about checking everything twice before sticking it in the laundry because now my fingers, arm, and back hurt from trying to clean the dryer (which is what I've been doing all day except for feeding Georgia and 15 minute periods where I have to run the dryer to heat up the crayon so it will come off). Hopefully I will get it done by tonight because I have no clean clothes. I am sitting in one of Rob's T-shirts and my pajama pants because I stuck all my laundry in dirty piles on Wednesday, thinking I would have them all clean by the end of the day. I will be spending all day tomorrow hopefully doing laundry and cleaning crayon out of all of mine and Robbie's clothes. It's enough to make a person cry (and I did...oh did I!!). So, if any one ever has this problem...I know how to get crayon out of a dryer and clothes now!!

2 comments:

*~McGarys~* said...

Oh no! I hope that you get it all cleaned up. What a mess! Kids are the ression for these things. lol

Marj said...

What a mess! Well, speaking from experience - crayon is just practice for when pens get left in clothes - maybe with girls it won't be as bad but I can't tell you the number of times my laundry has been ruined by an ink pen left in someone's pants pocket. And my dryer had ink spots permanently dyed into the drum. After a few times you get numb to it!
Love, Mom