So I don't k

now if young kids can get night terrors, but at least two to three times a week, Grace wakes up screaming. Luckily, we can get her to calm down in under 15 minutes and she will usually sleep the rest of the night. However, at least once a month she wakes up screaming bloody murder. I mean...the child has an amazing pair of lungs, and she uses them to her full potential on these nights. She wakes up screaming at the top of her lungs, and she screams anywhere from an hour to two hours with very little calm periods in that time. Last night was one such night. She woke up at about 9:30 screaming and confused and Rob got her to go back to sleep without much of a problem. At about 10:15 though she again woke up screaming and confused and she would not stop. We tried everything!! Robbie sat with her for a few minutes whie I got Georgia back to sleep (the screaming had woken her up) then I went to sit with her. I sat with her until midnight when Robbie came out for a turn. She didn't calm down until about 12:30...and I fell asleep shortly after that. I don't know how long Robbie was up with her because she was talking to Rob and sounding very awake when I fell asleep in our room. When I got up to feed Georgia this morning they were asleep on the couch, so it must have been late enough to just stay there and sleep by the time she finally fell back asleep. I've thought about taking her to the doctor to see what really may be going on because of how often this occur

s. It's almost like having a newborn 2 or 3 nights a week when she wakes up like this, because it goes on all night long-she wakes up screaming, sleeps for a little while, wakes up screaming, sleeps for a little while...and while it does gradually get better (when she wakes up later in the night, she'll just mutter or cry out and then go back to sleep) it's hard on Robbie and I. I don't know if it really is night terrors or if it's something in her diet that her body just doesn't agree with, but it's happening often enough that we have seriously considered taking her to the doctor to find out what the cause is. So crazy. Neither Gwen or Grace has any issues sleeping through the day though!!
Everything else is going good though. I'm still removing dark blue crayon from some of our clothes and trying to clean up the mess that was created during those 2 days where all I did was dishes and clean up crayon. We got out our swimming pool last weekend and I took the girls outside to swim in it on Monday. All 3 of them had a lot of fun, and it was nice to get outside. We might do it again today. And we did get a good laugh this week...Gwen told us at dinner Monday night that alien pickles must have taken her salad since she didn't have any with her dinner (we were having peas with dinner, and I tried explaining that to her, but I guess alien pickles are a better explanation). Oh, and the only other thing happening...the LCD screen on my camera is broken (all you can see is white) so my pictures aren't turning out as great because I can't see what the picture looks like before I take it. Guess I'll have to get it fixed...nice things that happen when kids get a hold of your stuff. I also made a diaper/wipe case this week, but the pictures are on my other blog-the one I have to show my family back home the things I do in what little spare time I have : ).

2 comments:
I might be able to help with your camera.
Matt
Grace might be experiencing growing pains. Rob used to get them - I don't remember that they started this young but by the time he was 3. It was mostly in his legs, and if I rubbed his calves then he would go back to sleep. But it did wake him up many nights and he did just cry for a long ime until he would fall asleep again. We eventually learned the early signals and gave him tylenol before bed on those nights.
Post a Comment