Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Huge Snow Storm

On the 2nd we ended up getting a huge snow storm. It was like all the snow that should have fallen last year came at once. As we were inside watching the snow fall, my mom gave the girls some stickers to do their favorite art project with-sticker art. Sticker art is where the girls basically decorate a piece of paper with whatever stickers they want in whatever way they want, and sometimes they even color to add to the picture. Well, Gwen and Grace decided to start turning themselves into the art work. It was pretty funny.





Before we went to bed, my mom took these pictures of their back deck. Here's the railing of their back porch:




And here's their BBQ grill, all before we went to bed on the 2nd:




This is what we woke up to the next morning (Sunday the 3rd) when my mom opened the door to let their dog out:





The front walkway and our car, burried in snow:




The grill:




The back porch railing:




And the outdoor fireplace where we took our family photos a couple months ago:




And amazingly, we still had church. So in preparation the night before for Gwen's first sunday as a Sunbeam, I curled Gwen and Grace's hair after their bath:





I dressed them in the matching dresses that my mom got for them, and actually got some of Georgia's hair to go into a tiny little pony tail:




They looked so cute:




Georgia ended up with a little bit of a mohawk after I took her ponytail out after church:


Lots going on here! They keep telling us that we're supposed to get more snow, and that there is a possibility of another huge storm coming through this weekend. My brother is leaving for a training camp on Friday morning where he'll stay until March and then be deployed to Afghanistan (sniff), my parents leave on Saturday for a vacation/school visit to California (and we get to hang out with my sister Missy-Yeah!!), Georgia's birthday is on Monday, and Gwen's birthday is on Tuesday. Crazy crazy crazy!!

4 comments:

Me and My Boys said...

How did Sunbeams go for Gwen? I bet she was so ready for it. I know London was. doesn't it make you a little sad that they are getting so big? I Love their matching green dresses so cute!

Jessica said...

Wow, that is a lot of snow. I can't believe you still had church. The girls are so cute. I also just put a little whale spout (that is what my father in law calls it) in Camille's hair.

Dana Scarbrough said...

So cute! If you want access to our blog email joh03045@byui.edu!! Good to see your amazingly cute girls!

Rob and Sarah said...

Gwen is loving Sunbeams Laura. She can't wait to go every week, and she loves telling everyone that she is a sunbeam now. It is sad that they are getting so big.

And Jessica, I love the "whale spout" name...I am so going to call it that now!!