Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Family

It really stinks that we live so far from our parents. It was so nice to have my mom out here in January and now to have Rob's parents and my Dad out here this past weekend for the blessing. It's really hard now that they've all left because I know that we're not going to see them until July for sure when Robbie graduates. It's equally hard on the girls because they wake up looking for their grandparents and I have to explain to them where they went. While the girls are disappointed that their grandparents aren't here any more, I think it's harder on Rob and I. We haven't been home to see family in over 2 years, and while we do get visits from family, it's not the same as having them close by enough to visit at least once a month. Right now with the weather being what it is we haven't even been able to visit Diana and Quinn once a month, and they're the only family we have out here right now. I know that Rob really misses his parents just as much as I miss mine, and it's hard on him too (even though he keeps pretty busy and doesn't have raging hormones from having a baby). I'm just grateful that they were able to come to the blessing and that they were here to see the girls, even if it was for a short visit from all. We miss you all and love you all so much, and we can't wait to see you in July when Robbie graduates!!

2 comments:

Kim Hodges said...

I know what you mean about not being around family. It is hard!! Congrats on the baby blessing though. Georgia continues to look precious as usual. We need to get together sometime, and you guys still have a date night to go out on. Don't think I haven't forgotten or you are getting out of it. Hope all is well with you. Looks like we will be here through the summer.

*~McGarys~* said...

Congrats on your new little one. I hope that you don't mind if I add you to are list of friends. How is everything going with 3 kids now?