Monday, March 30, 2009

Spring Art

I wish I could take credit for the idea behind this art project that I did with the girls, but I can't. Last year as part of the girls Christmas present we suscribed to a Preschool magazine called Turtle. It comes every other month and is filled with stories, coloring pages/connect the dots, and crafts. The last issue that they got had a neat craft idea that we tried out last week. First, you trace your child's hands. Second, cut them out, dab a bit of glue on the ends of the fingers, apply glitter and let it dry. Third, after drying, you curl the fingers around a pencil so the fingers end up curled out. Fourth, you curl the whole hand into a cone-shape with the curl of the fingers going out and you tape it together. Fifth, you take two green pipe-cleaners (or fuzzy sticks, as our package called them), twist them together, stick them down the middle of the "flower" and tape the stem to the flower. You can also cut out strips of light green paper to make leaves, but I didn't do that. The girls had a lot of fun, especially with the glitter. Gwen's are pink, Grace's are purple, and Georgia's are yellow (and amazingly she cooperated while I traced her hands). This week we are going to try to do the Easter art that I always do with the girls-we paint their feet and use them to make Easter Rabbits. I'll post pictures after we've done it.























This is just a random pic I took of Georgia this morning. Each one of my girls have worn this outfit (given to us by Aunt Traci-thank you!!) and I thought I'd post it. She is definately ready for the 3-6 clothes now, as evidence by the bottom of her legs hanging so far out of the outfit.

3 comments:

The Heiner's said...

you are just much to crafty! Poor Madi all she gets to do is color in coloring books. She's starting to think it's pretty lame and is jealous of her cousins.

The Heiner's said...

http://littlebirdiesecrets.blogspot.com/
Thought you might like to check out this blog it's got some really neat crafty ideas....maybe we can find a few and get together and do them!!!

Erin Gibbons said...

So cute! What a great idea!