Monday, March 2, 2009

Grace's First Haircut

So two weeks ago we decided that we were all going to go get our haircut before all our family came out for Georgia's blessing (yes...it's taken me this long to update our blog!!). Gwen was so excited-she's been telling us for months that she needed to get her hair cut. It was no surprise then that she went and sat in the chair and got her hair cut with no problem at all. She even got down, saw Rob getting his hair cut nearby, and was still in such a good mood that she said, "Dada...you look booiful!" Which then made all the stylists laugh, and made my sweet husband turn red.

I too got my hair cut...I usually wait until it's long enough to donate it, but I'm kind of sick of having the same long hair in all of the blessing pictures we've done with the other two girls that I just wanted to have something different and do something that would make me feel better about my appearance. It turned out really cute.

This was Grace's first haircut. We've been growing it out since she was a baby because I love that Gwen and Grace have long enough hair to put hair bows and clips in. We decided though that it was time. We had hoped that she would be just as good as Gwen was her first time (she sat in the chair like a pro and didn't cry at all), but Grace did not like what was going on. She cried and screamed the whole time. They tried having Robbie hold her, giving her a sucker, letting her brush a manequin's head, painting her finger nails, giving her a Valentine's card, and letting her spray everyone with a squirt bottle. She didn't stop crying until she was done and down. Everyone kept saying how hard it must have been for me to sit there and listen to her cry, and while I did feel bad for her, I thought it was kind of funny at the same time. That she would scream and scream because someone was wetting and pulling on her hair like I do while fixing her hair just seemed silly to me. It turned out very cute though and the girls were both thrilled about it (especially the suckers)!!

No comments: