Georgia came down with a cough on Tuesday, and the fever started later that night/early Wednesday morning. As of Friday she was still having a hard time-she was lethargic, wasn't eating good, had a fever still and a deep barking cough. So, I took her to the doctor. Well, the doctor thought that it was croupe (croupe-and I don't know if I spelled that right-swells up the airways and makes it hard to clear out phlegm and to breathe...the girls had it last year too). The doctor was a little concerned that it might actually be RSV because her chest was constricted a bit so between it being croupe and possibly RSV he put her on a nebulizer (again-spelling?) for breathing treatments. He said that if it got worse over the weekend to take her to the hospital and if it stayed the same to bring her back in on Monday. Well, Saturday she seemed to be doing better-she was smiling and cooing like her normal self, just hoarsly (the coughing and crying have made her really hoarse). Then this morning she seemed to be going back downhill and getting worse, so I took her to the ER. They diagnosed her with acute croupe, gave her a breathing treatment with a different, stronger medication, and put her on antibiotics. So hopefully this will help. I feel so bad for her, and my heart breaks every time she cries, because you can tell she just feels so awful. I've been losing sleep over it, and over all the feedings, breathing treatments (every 4 hours-just when she started sleeping through the night too!!) and tylenol and coughing. I've been doing everything else possible that I can to make her more comfortable/feel better, and hopefully she will soon. My poor sweet baby (oh, and she's wearing a bib in the pictures cause she cried so hard during one of the treatments that she gagged and puked all over the place)!
Oh, and Robbie got another company that contacted him after receiving his resume. It's a company named Layton that's located down near Salt Lake City. She emailed Robbie asking what he was looking for, and if he was interested in an internship this summer, and Robbie emailed her back, letting her know that he was done with all his internships and that he is in school until the end of July, and that he's looking for a full time job. He hasn't heard anything back yet, but hopefully he will-and that it will be something positive!!
3 comments:
Oh poor baby! I hope she feels better soon. You must be so overwhelmed with all of the sickness. I hope you are able to stay healthy. There is no time for Moms to get sick :)
I'm totally serious about this!!! Call me tomorrow and the girls can come over and play and you can get some rest! Seriously, if you don't call i will. Hope she's doing better, poor sweet little girl it breaks my heart when their so sick.
I hope you guys feel better, especially Georgia! I'm sure with every child it gets harder and harder to keep everyone else healthy. Is she, (and everyone,)better?
Post a Comment