Monday, July 27, 2009

Day 1 Of The Cross Country Exodus

Day one of the trip started out pretty hectic. I got up early with Georgia, fed her, then ran to the local store to get some cleaning supplies that we had run out of the night before. Came home, started on the cleaning and finishing up the packing, ran Grace over to her 2 year checkup, came home and cleaned cleaned cleaned. We didn't finish cleaning and get out of there until about 12:30...2 hours after I had planned. Oh well. I guess if I had asked for more help from people in our ward we would have gotten out of there sooner. Much thanks go to our next-door neighbors Stacey and Trent for getting us boxes, helping us load up the truck, and watching Gwen and Grace while we cleaned. You guys were a tremendous help and we are so very very greatful. Here are some moving pictures (1. Gwen sitting inside our entertainment center where the TV used to go after we packed it onto the moving truck; 2. Grace playing with one of many balloons that Stacey and Trent gave them; 3. Georgia rolling around and playing after all the furniture and boxes were out of our family room):





We checked around our little aparment to see if we missed anything, then said a last goodbye to Rexburg and we were off!!


My parents and brother and sister are all traveling with us and helping us with the move (definately needed help since we have three kids and a moving truck). The first place we went on this long journey east was a final visit to Yellowstone. It was fun driving through there. We saw a lot of Bison (which Gwen called an ubbalo instead of a buffalo) and a bunch of Elk but we were really disappointed that we didn't see anything more exciting like a moose, wolf or bear. Oh well. We hope to take the kids to a bunch of different places when they get older and Yellowstone is on that list so we'll come back someday. We stopped somewhere in Wyoming for the night and boy was it a long night. Grace didn't want to go to sleep, Georgia woke up in the middle of the night to eat (something she hasn't done since she was 2 months old) and Gwen woke up in the middle of the night with a fever and threw up the little bit of water I gave her. Needless to say by the time I got back to sleep I was really hoping for a better day when I woke up. Here are some pictures from Yellowstone:

Got right inside Yellowstone and Gwen decided that she couldn't hold it anymore so we had to stop and let her use our little potty with her new babydoll in tow.





The bison were the only animals we saw besides a few elk here and there that were too far off to take pictures of.




This bison passed right by our car...could have reached out the drivers side window and touched it.

No comments: