Our first big stop was to see the Crazy Horse monument. It is not even close to being completed and it just might be completed before the end of my lifetime, but they have his face completed and it was so awesome to see (even more amazing were the pictures of what this thing is going to look like when it's completed). I have never seen anything like this before and I am so into Native American history/legends/folklore. I have been into it since I was a kid. Again, I missed out on the museum and other artifacts around the visitors center because I had to feed Georgia. We switched formula with her about 2 weeks before moving because she had been spitting up a ton with the regular similac formula and while this helps she's been having a harder time getting used to the taste. Anyways, here are some pics of Crazy Horse (if you want to know more about it, they have a website: http://www.crazyhorsememorial.org/ ).
Anyways, a short drive after Crazy Horse we arrived at Mount Rushmore. I have never been there so this was just as cool to me. It was cool to Rob and I in a different way as well...we are big fans of the National Treasure movies so it was cool to see some of the places that they filmed for the second movie. After Rushmore we were all pretty tired and hungry and went to find a place to eat and sleep. It took a long time to finally find a hotel and by the time we did us grown ups just ordered into our rooms and we gave the girls my left over Subway sandwich from lunch that day so we could get them fed and into bed. Needless to say it was a late night and we were so hopeful to get a good nights sleep after having such an awful one the night before.
No comments:
Post a Comment