Monday, July 27, 2009

My husband is a Graduate!!

Robbie is finally done with school!! Hooray!! It's all so exciting. My parents flew in to Salt Lake on Tuesday drove our moving truck up to us, then went to Wyoming to visit my sister. Wednesday I had to take Grace to the doctor cause she had a high fever (103) and Robbie's parents came up. Thursday we spent the whole day finishing most of the packing in the house and packing up the truck before graduation. During all this we still found time to meet up with friends and spend some much appreciated time with them before we moved.





Finally graduation came around. We didn't get to see Robbie walk in to the commencement but we saw him and waved and he waved back. He looked so happy and handsome in his graduation gown. The commencement was about an hour long with multiple speakers and songs. The choir was the best part...they sang so beautifully, you could really feel the spirit.



After commencement was over we separated into different colleges (College of Physical Sciences and Engineering, College of Business, College of Family and Child Development, etc.) for the actual handing out of diplomas. They separated because there were almost 1500 graduates this semester which I guess is the most for the summer semester graduating classes ever. Of those only about 500 were married and of those 500 about 50 were couples graduating together. I was very pround of him and I know that he's glad that it is all over and done with. We went home after graduation to celebrate because my kids were screaming and my brother and sister couldn't get them to calm down. We spent a lot of the night packing for the trip, cleaning a bit, and packing up things we found here and there.




What a wonderful husband I have!! He did so much while in school so I could stay at home with the kids. He worked so hard and did so well in school and I am so proud of him. Congratulations Robbie!!

No comments: