Saturday, July 18, 2009

Moving!!

We are moving in less than a week!! How crazy is that? I only have a few more days to do everything that I want to before we leave. I've been trying to find time to make a few things before we go that will be beneficial for our trip: car seat strap covers (which I just have to sew together), neck pillows so the girls don't have problems sleeping in the car, and a wet bag which is pretty much fabric on the outside and vinyl on the inside so if one of the girls has a blowout or pukes everywhere (Gwen-plums and grapes baby food on the move out here) I have a bag I can stick them in without getting it everywhere!! My sister Melissa is visiting right now (hip hip hooray!! extra help!!) and she has volunteered to do the neck pillows and wet bag as long as I help her out. I am hoping to sit down and work on them on Monday.

I have been packing as much as possible too. The girls room is completly packed. All I have to do is pack their stuff in a suitcase for the trip, put their bedroom toys into their toy box for the move and dismantle their beds. Our room is done except for Robbie's stuff (which he still needs) and my computer. And our living room is done except for a few movies to take on the trip, the toy box, and a few small odds and ends that I have saved to fit into tiny spots. We are getting some paper plates, bowls, cups and silverware on Monday so I will be able to pack the kitchen as well. I am going to sit down tomorrow and make a list of things we need till we move and things we'll need on the trip.

Yesterday our ward had a big yard sale that we participated in. Missy and I sat outside from 7:45 until close to noon and did really well. The only bad part is I have lobster arms...I was in such a rush that I forgot to put sunscreen on. So now I can't wear a few of my shirts thanks to the awesome farmers tan I have...oh, and I have a tan line across one of my calves from wearing my capris instead of my shorts. So, again, shorts only in the house. When we go out, have to wear the capris.

Yesterday my Grandpa & Grandma Sessions and my cousin Amanda came up from St. George to see us one last time before we move. It was so great to see them!! We haven't seen them in a year so it was really nice to have that time to visit and for the girls to spend time with them again. They had never met Georgia, and since we couldn't go down there due to school and work and packing they decided to come up here to visit. Gwen was friendly and outgoing right off the bat (go figure) but Gracie had to warm up to them for a little while. Once she did though it was great. They loved playing with them and showing them their toys. When Gracie got her birthday card from them Gwen was upset that she didn't get something too, so my Grandpa gave her a dollar. He said it was the best dollar he ever spent because Gwen walked around singing "I got a dollar...I got a dollar...I got a dollar" over and over again for the longest time. She carried it with her when we went out to eat and when we went to get ice cream and continued to tell people "I got a dollar." First thing this morning too..."Where's my dollar? I got a dollar!" The girls were upset when they realized that my grandparents were not coming back over to the house. Gracie kept asking where grandpa and grandma were and has already asked me a few times this morning. Gwen too has been looking for them and keeps telling me that they are coming over and not going home. They both cried when I explained to them this morning that they were going home and not coming over again. They had so much fun with them and love them so much. They loved hanging out with Amanda too...Gwen had a blast taking pictures with her phone and both girls wanted to sit with her when she came over and not their Uncle Matt. Hopefully it will not be a long time before we can visit them again....thanks so much for coming to see us again!!


Last Sunday at church...packing a little bit every day...trying to find time for the girls to get together with their friends one last time...oh the joys of moving!! Thanks to all who have offered to help us out...we will be calling to take you up on those offers this week!!

1 comment:

Kim Hodges said...

Your Grandma's last name is Sessions? I have an ancestor whose last name is Sessions. It is through my moms side. I wonder if they are related. She came accross the plains from Nauvoo. I wonder??? Anyhoo it was good to see you off the other day. Thanks for the girls night out. I hope the move is a good one, and I will miss you guys. Don't forget to keep in touch, and let me know if you ever need anything.