Friday, July 10, 2009

6 Months Old!!

Wow...I cannot believe that Georgia will be 6 months old tomorrow. It sure has gone by fast. I took her in for her 6 month check up today and she is doing great!! She's right where she is supposed to be developmentally and growing well. She is 15 pounds 10 ounces now and 25 1/2 inches long. She is getting so close to moving up to 6-9 month clothes. I actually hope she lasts until the end of the summer in 3-6 because I only have a few summer outfits in 6-9 months. She still has her ear splitting smile and is such a happy baby. She is finally eating cereal like a pro and I can't wait until we get back to Vermont to start feeding her fruits and veggies. I'm still debating about starting juice with her before we leave (just giving it to her with her morning cereal) so we'll see. She is still growling at everything, rolling all over the place, turning around in circles on her stomach to face a different direction, blowing raspberries (as often as she growls...a lot!!) and sitting up supported. She's still wobbly when we let her sit up on her own, but she'll get the hang of it. She's been imitating a lot of sounds lately too...ba's, da's and ma's so when she starts getting vocal she actually sounds like she's talking. She's also trying to figure out the whole crawling thing. She loves to watch her sisters play, and her favorite toys are balls, but it gets her so frustrated when she can't chase after her sisters or the balls. I know she'll get the hang of it. Her other favorite toy right now is her jumper. She just loves that thing...all of the girls have. Boy she's getting so big!!


Gwen and Grace are doing so good too (well, we are all getting over colds, but other than that, good stuff!). Gwen will officially be 3 1/2 on Sunday the 12th...one day after Georgia turns 6 months old. Crazy that Georgia couldn't wait until her due date and had to come so close to Gwen's birthday (Gwen is January 12th, Georgia's January 11th). She is getting so excited about the idea of going to preschool in the fall. We are starting to look into preschools so that we will have two different schools picked out so we will be prepared for where ever we live (where ever Robbie finds a job...close to Essex-my parents-or close to Rutland-Rob's parents-.) She loves being around other people and other kids. She has a shirt that says social butterfly on it and boy is she ever. We went to a ward party at the end of last month and she "flitted" around to every spot to talk to different people in our ward. Oh, and she does something called the "Wiggle Wiggle" dance now. After using the potty, she will take a long piece of toilet paper, put it behind her back up against her bottom, put one end in one hand and the other in the other hand and wiggle her bum back and forth to wipe it off. And yes, she came up with the name "Wiggle Wiggle Dance." What a goof.


Gracie will be turning 2 on the 26th...crazy!! I look at her and it seems like she should be older than 2 because of her size and development. She is learning by leaps and bounds, and the saying around here has become "monkey see, monkey do" because Grace copies everything that Gwen does. She is, and probably always will be, my most cuddly and loving child. Kisses and hugs all the time. Whenever someone gets hurt, and even if they are crying hard (and especially if she caused the hurt) she will tell them "is all wight." Such a funny girl. She loves nursery, loves her friends, and loves swimming in our little kiddy pool. She pretends to be Super Grace all the time and still climbs around like a monkey. I will definately do a post just for her and her birthday when we finally celebrate it.


Rob and I are doing all right, besides the colds. Robbie actually ended up getting a sinus infection and had to be put on antibiotics for it, poor guy. On the plus side he only has 9 days (counting graduation) of school left (13 total days counting weekends)!!!!! We are moving the day after graduation so it might be a little while until I post about that (and about Grace's birthday...we will be on the road!) but we are so excited. Especially Rob...he's been going to school for so long...the entire 4 1/2 years we've been married plus 1 1/2 years before we got married is how long he's been in college/doing internships. 6 years of college...enough to drive anyone crazy. He bought his cap and gown this week along with announcements and we went to grad night together. It's getting so close!!


And moving is getting so close!! We are still moving back to Vermont to stay with our parents because we still have not been able to get a job (isn't it beautiful? Hiked to the top of a trail back home and took some pics) . Robbie looks online at multiple different websites every day and has turned in (or applied for) way more than 120 resumes for so many different jobs, but no luck so far. It's hard to have to move across country not knowing if in a couple months we will have to move back out here, but I guess this is what we need to do. President Clark (the president of BYU-I) told a story during his talk on grad night about a woman who came up to him during a vacation with his family and knowing who he was, told him that she had been worried about her son in YM because his youth leaders were more like kids than adults. She said she prayed so much over that and eventually two young men from BYU-I moved into their ward and became leaders in the Young Men's organization. She said everything changed, and that they were an answer to her prayers. He then told us that we may be going where we are because we will be an answer to someone else's prayers. So there's that to think about. We've also thought about something that someone told us-that the place we need to be in doesn't have a job open right now and we may just have to wait a month or two until there is an opening and we will get that job because that's where we need to be. We've also thought about the fact that we may be moving home to spend time with all the family we haven't seen in 2 1/2 years before we get a job somewhere far off where we once again will not be able to go home for more than 2 years. So, a lot to think about. Just taking it day by day...hoping, praying, having faith and knowing that the Lord knows what is best for us and that moving back home for a while may be something we really need to do. I've watched the blessings that have come into our lives when we just follow what the Lord would have us do without murmuring or complaining or overly worrying about it and He has blessed us so much in the short time we've been married. I know he will again.


So I have been thinking a lot about our kids lately (due to the fact that I have felt strongly the past few weeks that there are members-yes, members-of our family waiting to join us, but no worries...we are not pregnant and we know it's not time yet). As I was thinking about how fast we got pregnant with Georgia and how she came 1 1/2 weeks early, a thought popped into my head. If we had stayed true to what we had told everyone when we had Grace, and we had waited until Robbie graduated to have another baby, we would have missed out on having Georgia because he doesn't have a job and we can't have another baby without him having a job. I always kind of wondered why she came so fast and why she came when she did and I now have the answer. I am so glad that between my husband and constant prayers to my Heavenly Father I was assured that I could handle a third child and that it was the right thing to do. I could have missed out on such a sweet spirit becoming a part of our family, and I am so glad she is here. I love her and my other girls to death.

Well, now that I have rambled on about my thoughts and feelings, I had best go. My kids are being stinkers for their daddy. We will continue to keep everyone updated as it gets closer to graduation if anything happens. Thanks to all those who have come to our apartment for a goodbye visit or have welcomed us into their homes for a goodbye visit-we loved seeing you and hope that it won't be years before we see you again. To all those that are coming for a goodbye visit-we can't wait!!

5 comments:

eastcoastgramma said...

It is somewhat bittersweet, since it is because Rob didn't get a job out there, but we are looking forward to seeing all of you as you get closer to the East Coast. (Aunt Linda)

Erin Gibbons said...

Congratulations to Robbie! I'm so proud of you guys! You've definitely accomplished this together! I love your girls too, I really hope that we can spend more time together after we both move.

PS What's with my mom posting to your blog and not mine?!

*~McGarys~* said...

I have packed a few boxs but other then that I think I will due a few today and a few here and there so that Its not all at once.

Unknown said...

I love your new header picture of the girls. SO CUTE! Well... we here in Vermont are excited to have you back. Our ward is so scarce now. It's kind of shocking. See you soon :)

Anonymous said...

good luck with everything! we are going to miss you SOO much! we are losing half our nursery with you guys leaving!!! we sure have enjoyed having you guys as friends and neighbors! let me know if you need to send the girls here for some playtime while you pack or anything, Shazer sure loves your girls and I'm sure he'll miss them tons, too! let me know if you need ANYTHING!!! seriously!!