Sunday, June 8, 2014

Decorating The Tree

Shortly after returning from Thanksgiving in Idaho, we got our tree out and decorated it.  The girls were so excited to decorate the tree-it's one of their favorite things to do at Christmas time.  It was even more exciting and fun this year as Genesis was old enough to participate for the first time.
 
Rob held Genni as she put things on the tree.  Most of the time he had to help her put things on there, but she had a blast doing it.

She wanted to keep pulling the ornaments back off and put them back on, over and over again.

My sweet Georgia.
 
Gwen the pen.
 
Gracie grace.
 
I love how our tree looks every year.  I've never gotten fancy decorations for our tree, or decorated it really nice.  I've always loved the tradition of using the kids home made ornaments, and those that Rob and I made or collected as kids, and use them to decorate the tree with.  Having the kids help decorate creates so many wonderful memories, which is probably why the girls love doing it so much every year.  For us, decorating the tree like this makes the season that much more full of love and family closeness, and because of that, it will continue to be a tradition every year for us.
 
Besides, it looks beautiful!!

No comments: