Monday, June 9, 2014

Genni's First Haircut

I noticed around the time Genesis turned one that the back of her hair was starting to look a bit like a mullet.  It was a lot longer than the rest of her hair, and it was starting to look a bit funny. 
 
I have always taken the girls to a salon to get their first haircut, but after having a bad experience with Georgia's first haircut, and the back of Genni's head being the only place her hair really needed to be cut, I decided to do it myself.
 
It wasn't easy.  Genesis is the only child we have had so far that has had really curly hair like Rob and I do.  The back of her hair would curl in ringlets after her bath (though they would mostly straighten out over the following 24 hours).  I have heard people say before that their child had curly hair until they had their first haircut and cut all their curls off, and it never grew back curly.  So I really wasn't too keen on cutting her curls off, but I knew she needed to have it done.
 
I had Rob hold her right after her bath one night, and I cut the curls off in as straight of a line as I could.
 
I saved every little curl I cut off.
 
I was pretty upset at first that I had cut her curls off, but it did look so much better than the mullet she was growing.  I have been so happy to see that her hair still curls just as much after the cut as it did before.  She did a fantastic job sitting there with Rob, and looked just as cute after!!

No comments: