Now that my parents live in Idaho, we decided to split holidays between families since we can't see them both in one vacation any more. We knew we wouldn't be able to go see my parents for Christmas like we had planned, so we went for Thanksgiving instead.
It was great spending time with them, helping prepare for Thanksgiving, watching the Macy's parade on TV, taking the kids to see Frozen in the theaters, Black Friday shopping, and lots of cousin play time. There's nothing better than spending holidays with family, especially when you don't get the chance to do that very often.
I wish I had taken more photos while we were there, cause we had such a wonderful time with my parents, my sister Diana and her family, and my brother Matt and his family, but I'm really bad at taking photos. So here's some that I actually got that turned out ok.
Genni napping with Papa.
Weeeeeeeee!!
On the way home, we stopped for the night at a hotel we use each time we visit as it's a 2 day drive. Georgia had eaten her breakfast, looked down in her bowl, and loudly pronounced "I see land...LAND HO!!" It brought a smile to all our faces when we were all feeling down about leaving family.
I am so grateful for the time we get to spend with family as it doesn't happen very often, and I am very grateful that Rob's job gives us the opportunity to do so. I treasure my own memories of doing so as a child, and I love that my kids get to make those type of memories now. I look forward to all the memories we'll be making in the next year.



No comments:
Post a Comment