Wednesday, February 6, 2013

First Day Of School

 
The girls started school 5 days after I had baby Genni, and 3 days after I got home from the hospital.  Knowing that the first day of school was going to be so soon after having the baby, we prepared ahead of time and got everything ready a few days before I went to the hospital.
 
The girls were super excited to start school.  They were a little disappointed that they don't get to ride on a bus, because we live 2 blocks away from the elementary school, but we also live right next to the Air Force Base here in Abilene, and the elementary school in our area services all of the kids on the base, and the girls were so excited to go to school with all these kids who had lived in different places, just like us.  Or it could be that their school has a retired Air Force fighter jet in front of the school, donated as a memorial.
 
It's fun (and a little sad) to see how much they have grown and changed over the last year!!
 
Gracie's first day of Preschool 2011
 
Gracie's first day of Kindergarten 2012

Gwen's first day of Kindergarten 2011


Gwen's first day of First Grade


The girls had so much fun at school their first day, and they continue to love school, love homework, and love learning (and I am going to enjoy that while I can).  My girls are growing up so fast!!

No comments: