I started feeding cereal to Genni a bit later than I could have. She was 5 1/2 months by the time we finally got around to buying a high chair for her (please note though that we had stomach illnesses and birthdays/birthday parties that we had going on that made everything pretty stressful and I forgot to do a lot of stuff). It was still just as exciting when we did start feeding her cereal.
She loves the high chair. She'll start getting really angry while she's playing because she's getting hungry, and as soon as I put her in the high chair she calms down and just starts smiling and looking around. She's so close to sitting up on her own on the floor, but hasn't quite gotten the hang of it yet, so sitting up in the chair is great for her.
A very happy baby...for a little bit.
She didn't really care for the rice cereal the first time I fed it to her, but she did end up with this cute little mustache after I tried to wipe her mouth with the spoon. Now she loves eating rice cereal and eats it all up so quickly it's amazing how fast it goes.
This past week I started feeding her baby food. I decided to start with carrots, and save the sweeter stuff for last. So for the past few days she's had a steady carrot, cereal and formula diet to make sure she isn't allergic to carrots. She was not pleased with it at first. Didn't like it at all.
Towards the end though you could tell she loved the carrots, and she still does. She sucks them down every time I feed them to her. I am excited to see how she does with the apples (or maybe bananas) that we will start tomorrow. The only problem with her eating food? Her reflux is just as bad with the cereal and baby food as it is with her formula (way better than she was with my milk though). She spits a bit up here and there for a half hour up to an hour after eating...so we have gotten to the point where we have a few select onesies that she gets to wear when she eats baby food because carrots stain really bad.
I love this picture. It makes me grin every time I see it. It's a hahahaha moment-she has defeated the carrots!!
I am sad that she's already eating baby food, and that it won't be too much longer before she's trying real food, but I am excited for all the changes and growth she is making and for her cute little personality shining through more and more each and every day!!




2 comments:
I just can't believe this girl is already big enough to eat baby food! She is growing way to fast...it seems like you JUST had her! Can't wait to finally meet her someday!
I know I can't believe it either. It does still seem like I just had her, and we are constantly amazed by how fast time has passed, but she is getting so big and changing so quickly. I can't wait for you to meet her someday either!
Post a Comment