The kids were super excited for Halloween this year...but they are every year. What kid doesn't get excited about trick or treating and candy? They were also excited to wear their Halloween shirts once again (although they wore them a lot that month).
Genesis wasn't too happy that afternoon, especially right after our walk home from school.
My silly Georgia...you can tell I took these pictures after school that day instead of first thing in the morning.
Sweet Gracie
My happy Gwen
All 3 excited for Halloween
After school the girls did their homework really fast, we ate an early dinner, then prepared to go trick or treating. Yes, I did dress up the baby too.
Genni was a pirate. When I was at Wal Mart about a month before Halloween, I found this cute little pirate onesie that had the words "I have a loaded booty" printed across the bum. It was too cute to pass up, but at that point I hadn't planned on dressing Genni up. As time went on though, I thought it would be fun to dress her up in a costume, because I had never done it with any of the girls before on their first Halloweens. So I took some red tulle and made a tutu skirt to go with the onesie, and I took some hankerchief fabric I had from a different project and some elastic and I made a headband and bow. While looking through a pattern book to find a pattern for a different project, I saw a pirate costume where they had sewn some gold trimming to a pirate hat for babies to make it look like earrings, and I thought that was an excellent idea. So I got some gold trimming and sewed it onto the headband I made, and Genni's costume was complete!!
My pirate baby
Georgia's costume was easy this year...Robbie's mom bought it for her. We had been out shopping at The Childrens Place, and once Georgia saw it she didn't want to give it up, and since I didn't have any supplies for a costume for her yet, and I hadn't dug an old one out yet, Rob's mom got her this costume.
Fairy Georgia
Gracie really wanted to be a witch this year. I found a witches hat at Target and the tights at Wal Mart. I took a black skirt and sewed purple and black tulle onto the outside of the skirt and put some black and silver trimming around the top. I shortened the sleeves on the shirt, added some green tulle and the same purple tulle as the skirt, and put the same trimming as the skirt around the edge. Then I added a bit of both the green and purple tulles, and the rest of the trimming, to the hat, and she had her costume!!
Gracie the Good Witch
Gwen really wanted to be Princess Merida this year-it's her new favorite Disney Princess. We didn't buy a wig, because they are kind of expensive, and we forgot to get the red hairspray they sell for Halloween, so we just curled her hair. I had planned on making her dress out of a pair of womens blue capris that I found at Goodwill, but after I got them home and had pulled all the seams in the pants out, I discovered what I had feared-that they were too short. So I bought some blue satin fabric, covered the entire top of the pants that I would use as the bodice with the fabric, then attached a long satin skirt to the bodice, with the rest of the capris cut loose underneath to add some fluff. I used a pattern to make the sleeves from scratch, added them on, then took a beige with gold embossing fabric and put it around the bottom of the skirt, and the chest of the bodice. Around the bodice I also added some gold ribbon, and then made the belt with a gold belt loop and the same beige with gold embossing fabric as the bottom and chest of the dress. It was a little bit big in the shoulders, but it turned out super cute, and I hope that one of the other girls will wear it in the future.
Princess Merida Gwen
The girls ended up with soooo much candy (a Ziploc bag each, between Boo at the Zoo trick or treating, and Halloween night trick or treating), and were just super pleased with their costumes and happy with all the family time we had, and there's nothing better than seeing my girls so happy. What a great Halloween!!
No comments:
Post a Comment