Here are a few photos from Gwen's 7th Birthday.
Gwen got to celebrate her birthday at school the day before her birthday since her birthday fell on a Saturday that year. She really wanted to wear a nice dress for her birthday at school, so she picked one out. She got a cute little hat from her teacher, I came and had lunch with her at school, and after lunch I passed out birthday cupcakes (from WalMart...I had too much going on at home with sick kids to make cupcakes for her class) to her class and went home to prepare for Georgia's birthday that night.
The PTA also sends home a slip of paper two weeks before your child's birthday, asking if you want to send your child a birthday gram, which is just a plastic cup with a little bit of candy in it along with a pencil, some little erasers, a stamp and some stickers. It also comes with a personalized message from the parents, and it's not expensive, so we went ahead and did that for her. She got it right before the end of the day and was so thrilled with it.
Unfortunately the next day-her birthday-I came down with the nasty stomach bug the older three had already had (Gracie was still trying to get over it though), so Robbie had to cook Gwen's birthday dinner, but he did a fantastic job making Sweet and Sour (or as the girls call them, Hawaiian meatballs, because there's pineapple chunks in the sauce) Meatballs and rice for her.
Her present from Rob and I, along with a new outfit, was this La La Loopsy Little doll. She's been asking for one for the past year.
A new book from Robbie's mom. It's one of the books in the Magic Tree House Series...she loves those books!! Some got some other nice stuff too, like a book called E. Aster Bunnymund and the Warrior Eggs at the Earth's Core (book 2 in the Guardians series, like the Rise of the Guardians movie) from her Great Grandpa and Great Grandma Sessions, and a marionette puppet-hand made-from her Gigi and Pappy McCauley. I wish I had a picture of that...it's so awesome!!
I was able to pull myself up off the couch for about 10 minutes to help Gwen decorate her cake. She wanted it to look like a circus since the La La Loopsy toys were supposed to be from the circus. Don't know why we did the Oreos...but they were a hit lol!!
Despite me being sick I think she had a fantastic birthday, and was very pleased with what she got, and was looking forward to her birthday party (post to come) a whole lot!! Happy Birthday Gwen!!

No comments:
Post a Comment