Gracie really seemed to have a wonderful birthday this year. She was happy at least. We didn't really do much that day because it was just so hot outside but we did a few fun things inside, and I made sure to hug and snuggle my Gracie girl as much as possible.
Each year on their birthdays we let the girls choose their favorite home made meal and I cook it for them. I wish I could remember what she chose, but I just can't. I can remember that she wanted a Belle cake, and that instead of putting a toy on top of her cake like I have come to do with others, I decided that I was going to use my cake decorating skills from taking all the Wilton cake decorating classes and do something else.
I was tired (8 months pregnant at the time) and decided to try and take the easy way out and use the tubes of icing that grocery stores sell instead of making the icing. Everything was going good until I got to the face. I will never try to cut corners again, because the face came out terrible. I was really upset with it, but Grace didn't seem to care, thank goodness. She was just really happy that there was an icing Belle on her cake that she could eat.
The cake with Belle and roses around the edges.
Getting ready to make a wish!!
She was so excited to open her presents (though it doesn't look that way in most of her pictures)...of course, what kid isn't? Every year we get them a new outfit, a toy or book from us, and then their sisters get them something. Everything else they get comes from relatives. She got some nice things, some fun things, and some really good books.
Her toy from Rob and I...she wanted this doll so badly.
A fun Hello Kitty card...Gracie loves Hello Kitty.
We took the girls to see Brave when it came out, and they loved it, and she was so excited to get the game for her leapster.
Gracie went to bed one happy girl that night, and I am so glad that she had a great birthday!





No comments:
Post a Comment