Saturday, February 2, 2013

Haircuts

 
 A week and a half before school started (about a week before I had the baby), I took the girls to a local hair salon that's specifically for kids.  It was a pretty neat place.  They had a play area in the center of the salon with a movie playing, legos, books, and other toys for kids.  They also had an area at the front of the salon that had Nintendo game cubes hooked up to tvs so the kids could play a game while they waited. 
 
The girls told me the coolest part was that they had tvs at each station, so the kids could either watch a movie while they got their hair cut, or they could play a video game.  We go back there for every hair cut now.
 
I had started to talk to the girls about a month before they got their haircuts about what they wanted to do with their hair.  Gracie had been talking about getting her hair cut short (sadness) for a while, and Gwen liked that idea too, so I made sure they had a long time to think about it and make sure that they really wanted their hair short.
 
Georgia informed me that she only wanted her hair trimmed, and absolutely no bangs.  I am sure I have mentioned this before, but Georgia is in love with the Disney movie Tangled that's all about Rapunzel.  It is one of her favorite movies.  So when she told me she only wanted her hair trimmed, I asked her if she was sure.  Her response was "Yes, because I want to grow my hair as long as Tangled's."  She still refuses to cut her hair short, which is fine with me. 
 
Before picture of Georgia

 Georgia loved sitting in the little car and getting her hair trimmed.
 
Georgia after her hair cut, so excited to be growing her hair long like Tangled's.
 
Gwen had gotten her hair cut to the top of her shoulder blades before, so her hair wasn't as long as Grace's was, but it was still down to the middle of her back.  She was so sure she wanted it short though, and wanted bangs too.  So I let her go ahead and do what she wanted.
 
Before picture of Gwen.
 
Gwen loved her haircut!!  I was so glad that she wasn't upset or disappointed with it.  She looks so much more grown up now.
 

Gracie's the one I had a really hard time with.  Besides cutting her own hair a few times, she had only ever gotten her hair trimmed.  She was determined to cut her hair short though, and get bangs, and after making her wait so long and giving her lots of time to make sure that's what she really wanted to do, I let her cut her hair short.
 
Before picture of Grace...her hair was so long!!


It was really hard for me to watch Gracie's hair get cut.  I absolutely LOVED her long hair...it was so much fun to do and it was so pretty.  When they were done cutting her hair though, she looked so cute, and she loved her hair!! 
 


 It's sad to see my girls growing up so fast (and looking grown up too), but I couldn't be prouder of them!!

No comments: