Thursday, February 7, 2013

Genesis' Blessing

 
We had Genni's blessing on October 14th.  Robbie's parents flew in on the 8th and stayed until the day after the blessing, and my parents flew in on the 12th and stayed until the Friday following the blessing.  It was wonderful having visitors again, and wonderful having them there for the blessing.  We were even more blessed that our good friends the Price's came with their girls, and Robbie's MTC companion Brett Gammons and his wife and daughter drove over from Dallas that morning to be there for us.
 
The blessing was absolutely beautiful and I am so grateful it was recorded and then typed up so that we not only have a copy for ourselves, but we can put a copy in Genesis' scrapbook for her to read as she gets older.  I have done this with the other girls blessings, and am glad that I get to do it with Genni's as well.
 
Funny thing-we all have girls-none of us have boys.  My mother in law took this cute photo of all the girls right after the blessing.  What a bunch of cute girls!!
 
Right after the blessing we went home and fed everyone because we knew our friends had long drives to get home.  The kids had a blast playing with each other, and even some of the adults got in on the fun.  It was a wonderful afternoon with wonderful people.  It was sad to see our friends go, but thankfully they are not so far away that we can't go visit them on a weekend.
 
Grace, Gwen, my mom and Georgia after everyone had left.
 
Rob's mom and Genni after the blessing.

My sweet little Genesis.  I love how gray her eyes are in this picture.  Her eyes are still like that, and I'm hoping they don't change.

 
I truly feel blessed to have such a sweet and happy baby, and to have yet another wonderful little girl.  Every day with these girls reminds me of how special they are, how much they are loved by our Heavenly Father, and how lucky and blessed I am that He deems me as a good enough woman that I can be their mother.  My heart is filled with joy, and as long as I have my wonderful husband and these sweet spirits, and the help and love of my Heavenly Father and my Savior, I don't need anything else.

No comments: