Right before Christmas I had the opportunity (because I am the assistant class mom) to go into the girls school one day and help Gwen's teacher and the other classroom mom make Christmas shirts for the whole class. Two kids came into a spare room we were set up in at a time, and we painted one of their feet with dark brown fabric paint, then both of their hands with light brown fabric paint, and made them look like reindeer heads. We also glued on sparkles for the nose, drew on eyes with a fabric pen, and glued on a bowtie for the boys shirts, and a bow for the girls shirts. It was a lot of fun meeting all the kids and seeing all their personalities.
The reason they did these shirts, and not just with Gwen's class but with the whole first grade, is that the kids were scheduled to go sing Christmas songs at one of the hospitals here in town. The parents were invited to come and watch the kids sing, so I headed over with the younger two.
It was hard to see Gwen at first, because they were on the main stairs, and with the way they built the hospital, the ceiling of the front entry and information center blocks the view of the main stairs until you get up close. I was able to find a spot to watch Gwen (who is standing right below the view of the ceiling on the left right next to the railing). She did such a good job and was so tickled that I was there to see her. I love my little peanut!!
I don't know if these are the titles of the songs, but I tried my best to name them close to the title if it's not the actual title.
Christmas Makes Me
Little Lord Jesus
We Wish You A Merry Christmas
No comments:
Post a Comment