I think one of the things the girls looked forward to the most when we went back to Vermont for Christmas was snow. They didn't have any when we first got back there, but shortly before Christmas it snowed one night around dinner time. Gwen was so thrilled!! She and my dad had been spending some one on one time together, so when they saw the snow, he got her some snow gear, turned on the outside light, and let her go outside. He came and got me to show me what Gwen was doing.
I found Gwen running around in a giant circle in the snow, laughing and grinning like crazy and throwing snow in the air. The only way I can really describe how she was acting is to say that she was throwing a celebration in the snow, for the snow. You could tell that she was just filled with joy for finally getting to see and play in some snow. It is one of my favorite parts of our vacation, and a memory that I will forever cherish.
The next day they all went out to play in the snow and had a blast. They made snow angels...
...and went sledding. They had such a great time and I'm glad that they had the opportunity to experience snow once again since we don't get it here.
A few days after we went to Rob's parents to visit them, we got a really big snow storm, so while I stayed inside to watch Genni and my niece, my mother in law and sister in law went outside with my kids and my other niece and they all played in the snow. They had such a blast playing in the front yard, and running around in the snow. Robbie took them sledding down a big hill in front of the local elementary school a couple times while we were there too, and the girls just loved it. All the snow play is something that the girls still talk about.
I am so grateful they had the chance to play in the snow again!!
No comments:
Post a Comment