So I realized this year that I am super bad at taking pictures of my kids on Thanksgiving. I usually only get one photo of them, and that's at the end of the night when I realize I hadn't taken any photos yet. So, these photos are pretty bad, but they are all I have of Thanksgiving.
We had Thanksgiving by ourselves, and really enjoyed just having some family time together. Robbie deep fried our turkey this year and it came out soooo good, as did all the yummy food.
Genni had been crying right before I took this photo of her.
Georgia enjoying dinner.
Ready for some pie.
Chipmunk cheeks.
We did something new this year. I had seen this idea online a couple years ago, but had never done it, and I guess my sister has done it before and did it again this year. We did a thankful tree. I free hand drew the tree on some brown packaging paper that you can get in the envelope and packing tape section of walmart and then I used my cricut to cut out a bunch of leaves in a variety of colors. I hung the tree on a wall in our living room, and starting on November 1st, every night each one of us wrote something on a leaf that we were grateful for, and then watched over the month as our tree gained more and more leaves. At the end of November this is what our tree looked like.
It was a great experience and it really helped us focus on our blessings and helped teach all of us how to recognize even the smallest blessings a bit more than we normally would have. Some of the things we were thankful for-Heavenly Father, Christ, each member of our family, the tooth fairy, a new book, boogers (yes, one of the girls said she was thankful for boogers), the scriptures, snuggle time and a home. There were many many more, too many to share. I am very grateful that I was able to get this together so our family could do it this year. We will definatly be doing it every year from now on.


No comments:
Post a Comment